An error occurred on your glowforge please refresh

I keep getting this error: an error occurred on your glowforge please refresh etc.
It happens all the time,. I clear the cache , sometimes that works sometimes it doesn’t. I turn the machine off and back on, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. this shouldn’t be happening at all. its wasting so much of my time.error1

1 Like

That error comes up most often when there is an issue with your art that the machine chokes on trying to “fix”. Clear the cache and verify that you can load a :glowforge: provided piece of art - that’ll confirm the system is working.

If it’s just a single piece of yours that causes the error you could load it here, or email it to Glowforge, and someone can look at it to try and find the issue. If it’s multiple pieces it could be how you’re saving them (I know one program you can’t save, you have to Export to get it to work).

2 Likes

Oh no, I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag.

I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate, and it looks like your Glowforge is having trouble communicating with the printer head. There are two key connections I’d like you to check for me.

Could you please do the following?

1. Turn off your Glowforge.
  2. Holding only the finished black surfaces, grasp the printer head as shown. Pull gently up and back to disengage the magnets and remove the head.
  3. There is a small tab in the center of the wire ribbon. Push down fully on the tab to release it, and gently pull the wire ribbon plug from the printer head.
  4. Take a clear photo of the gold pins inside the printer head where you just unplugged the wire ribbon. It should look like this.
  5. Pick up the printer head and wire ribbon. Make sure the tab on the wire ribbon is facing up. Slide the ribbon back into the head until it clicks.
  6. As shown, lower the printer head over the metal plate so that it rests next to the two round posts. Then push it gently away from you – you’ll feel a “click” as magnets pull the printer head until it sits snugly atop the metal plate.
  7. Pull the laser arm all the way forward.
  8. Reach over the laser arm, and to the left of the inside of the unit and you’ll see this circuit board:
  9. Take a photo of the circuit board. If the cable I’ve indicated above with the red arrow appears to be loose, please reconnect it and try printing again. This cable should ‘click’ back into place.
  10. Turn your Glowforge back on.
  11. Send us the photos you took in step 4 and step 9.

do i post the photos here?

Yes :slight_smile:

I did all the reccomendations above and nothing seemed to be loose. I’m using the machine now I’ll report back if I get the error again

1 Like

So i made a bunch of cuts and no errors! it also seems to be focusing faster!
Thanks,
Chris

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.