An illustrator’s perspective

We just got our GF , and the games have begun! I am an illustrator, and I’ve been experimenting, and beginning my grand plans for this lovely machine. I’m not at all a techie, so coming from an art background, I’m happy to report that the learning curve isn’t nearly as daunting as I thought it was going to be. This is my first little test piece my mini-me portrait… the strings are temporary, as I will hopefully move on to eventually create animata (simple moving machines) of my illustrations. So excited to be finally realizing my imaginings! The wait was SO worth it!

My illustration website is here if you’re interested : www.jennifergeldard.com

49 Likes

How fantastic! Can’t wait to see the finished animation! :grinning:

2 Likes

I think it is harder for techies to become artistic than it is for an art talented person to learn the GF. Waiting to see your animations. This is another thing I will put on my list to try.

7 Likes

I really like your style! The dragon hugging the cat is my favorite!:smile:

4 Likes

Very nice! Your work looks familiar to me, couldn’t say where I’ve seen it.

3 Likes

Me too! I’m thinking of some early childhood troll type illustrations. The style is very familiar. :thinking:

3 Likes

I love your work–it’s great to see a fellow artist here.

3 Likes

Yay more artists! Love the animata concept — can’t wait to see!

3 Likes

Some beautiful work!

2 Likes

I think you’re onto something

7 Likes

Nice digging detective!

1 Like

A Glowforge and a glass furnace? I cannot wait to see how you will put those two ideas together. Truly amazing stuff in every medium!

I just looked at her website. :male_detective:

1 Like

I am SO excited to see what you create!!

Thanks so much everyone! You’ve made my morning! :blush:

1 Like

Ha! I wish that was a published piece, but alas, it was just a class assignment . :slight_smile:

Thanks! That was a fun series I worked on this past fall.

Love it! Please keep posting!