An Ode to The Makers motivational piece

Hi Everyone! 'Sme again. Busy bee today. I don’t know when I’ll get around to making this piece, but it’s definitely on my list of want to get made. But I was so excited about it and I see no reason why the file shouldn’t work. I had been wanting to design something with an airship for a bit, and while I was sitting there staring at this image I had wondering what I could DO with it, and thinking about how much I’ve fought with some of my more complicated pieces, some snarky voice in my head said “Oh yeah? Human’s can’t fly? Watch me!” and something clicked and it stuck. The determination and problem solving of makers like us I felt needed a design.

So, here is a 3 layer piece that should by all accounts stand on it’s own (I hope I’ve gotten good at judging that). 3.75in x 3in, but easily scaled. The words “Watch me!” will cut out separately. The only reason I did different colors was to help see the layers in the image, and play around with medium ideas. Draftboard backing could be colored a nice sky blue, basswood plywood would be a nice light backdrop, or clear acrylic for the back piece might be a dynamic twist, perhaps with a light? Who knows what you’ll come up with!

The first pic is a screenshot showing the layers stacked. Right click on the second pic below and save as. Experiment, integrate it in to something, slice it, dice it, repurpose it, do what we as makers do best (still just for personal use, though :slight_smile: ). And please don’t forget to share your creations with us, I’m excited to see what y’all come up with!
Airship
airship.svg

Thanks for taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

41 Likes

Wow, thanks!

5 Likes

Very cool, thanks!!

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks!!

4 Likes

You are so incredibly talented and so very generous! I can’t keep up…

4 Likes

Oh that’s lovely :smiley:

3 Likes

What a wild ride this is going to be!!!

3 Likes

Looks great

3 Likes

This is fun! You’re a machine :smiley:

3 Likes

You are blowing us all away with your creations. Thank you for the file. Very kind!

4 Likes

Just ran across this I’m loving the message this gives. I will just have to make one. Thank you sharing the file with us.

2 Likes