I now have a working Glowforge and all its pieces!
It is late and I don’t have the energy do get the exhaust sorted beyond sticking the hose out a window, so I figured I would try some Al since it won’t stink.
In 5 minutes of looking couldn’t find anything big enough for the whole ruler but small enough to fit in the bed. Instead of cutting something down I just grabbed a little scrap and made the ruler smaller.
I was aiming for 50% but there is no on on screen feedback on the size that I can find (there is a hopper idea for ya @dan ). I put a ruler in the bed and tried to scale using that but was only sort of successful. Obviously I will need to experiment with settings, but I am extremely pleased with the level of detail!
Before I do too much more work I need to iron out the venting. This is clearly not up to par. Not that it will stop me from using it…