Anodized mini founders ruler

I have a small 12" bench shear for cutting light gauge sheet metal. It is one of my favorite tools. Of course I have a lot of favorite tools.

12 Likes

And just added another!

2 Likes

Red!
Your power cord is red!

4 Likes

Well, that’s cool! You could cut your blanks to match the aspect ratio of the ruler design. Sweet. :+1:

1 Like

A badge of honor for the first public beta user. At least he felt so - because he kept it!

4 Likes

Time dilation is an interesting phenomena - all depends on which side of the bathroom door you’re on :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please, please, I just accidentally forgot to return it. Twice. :wink:

8 Likes

For measuring miniature things…lol. So glad that you have your forever :glowforge: and that the beta gag has been removed…lmao

4 Likes

A bench shear would be nice. I usually just use my woodworking tools. Yes, it dulls the blades, but most aluminum is able to be cut with wood blades just fine.

3 Likes

I cut larger Al sections and extrusions on my chop saw all the time. I have a beater carbide blade (it is the old one that came with my saw) that I use just for that. Eventually it will get too dull to be usable. Then I am buying one of these https://www.amazon.com/Freud-LU77M010-10-Inch-Non-Ferrous-Cutting/dp/B0002TUFBS

Looks good! I did some Al work with my old radial arm. I have forgotten, something like 1/8" passes. Boy that blade would sing! Quickly learned how hot the swarf was too.

1 Like

Good thinking with the beater blade. And that blade you posted looks nice!

Swarf flings at your face with radial arm saw, huh? When it is burning hot, even worse!

2 Likes

I have one of those portable/collapsible table saws. Decent quality but it had a plastic sawdust chute. I was cutting old escalator handle material for the rowing club to use on some boat racks. Well, the “swarf” was literally burning hot. I ended up dragging the blazing saw out into the last remaining spring snowbank. Managed to save it and it still performs well but I was a bit shaken and embarrassed that I let such a thing happen.

3 Likes

Congrats on the forever Forge! I believe this is the first miniature founders ruler I’ve seen. Who will be the first to print their founders ruler on a grain of rice?

3 Likes

You are an evil person! ROFL! :laughing:

3 Likes

I already did, it was delicious. :smile:

9 Likes

That’s interesting. Never heard of anyone using that before.

It’s soft enough it doesn’t damage the boats yet it still holds up to daily use and out door elements. We’re a small club and don’t have a boat house. We do have a structure with a roof but even the boats that fit in there are exposed to some sun and extreme temps.

Where do you even source that material?

1 Like