Another alignment issue

Taking my cue from this post earlier today, I’m posting my alignment issue hoping I can get it fixed.

I took a sheet of leftover draft board and put targets all over the bed. All of them are off, and it gets really bad in the upper right-hand corner. Please give us a way to calibrate. I will buy a calibration target from you, you don’t have to provide it for free. I just want to be able to print without having to accept .25" is the norm. It’s not the norm and shouldn’t be accepted. But it looks more like .5" in the upper right-hand corner. Please Help!

For this test I cleaned the tray, and made sure it was sitting in where it belongs. I made sure the draft board was sitting flat and proofgrade was chosen for the scoring.

1 Like

Just a lay-man’s opinion but that seems really wonky that 1 quadrant should be so off. I hope they can get this resolved for anyone that needs it.

1 Like

Maybe mark the masking and then run the test so you can measure how off it is exactly? It looks way more than 1/4 of an inch to me too, but knowing an exact off-ness might help you know if things improve or worsen.

I’m at work now, so can’t get an exact measurement. But those are 1" circles with 1.5" lines. The target with the most misalignment in the upper right hand corner isn’t quite .5 off, but its for sure more than .25" when looking at the circles. The way it changes across the bed is a big issue.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to do some initial troubleshooting and provide these screenshots. While the software is still improving, you may see an alignment offset of up to 1/4". However, the offset shown in your screenshots is beyond this expected tolerance. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to inspect your report, and it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.