Another Big Shaker In Calif

If such earthquake proofing were as standard as earthquake resistant buildings they would be universal and places burning from a gas leak after an earthquake would be unknown. Instead they say everyone should run about and shut off the gas if they can and it is almost always too late as the fires are usually immediate.

3 Likes

I live on a boat, so there are some challenges thereā€¦but I can take my house and go upriver! LOL

6 Likes

Hopefully after the shaking stopped. During an earthquake itā€™s best to stay inside (Get under a table or desk and hold on to the legs of the table so it doesnā€™t move away from you!) because outdoors you risk being hit by falling bricks or roofing tiles.

2 Likes

it didnā€™t last that long, thankfully.

2 Likes

I slept through the first one but the second one was even audible here in Vegas.

The cat poked her head up out of the crowā€™s nest and looked around. I find it funny because she can be such a scaredy-cat but between the earthquake and fireworks she seemed more annoyed they were cutting into her nap time than scared.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve never been in a big one, but we had so many little ā€œjigglesā€ when we lived in Japan that a lot of times I didnā€™t even notice until my little motion-activated songbirds (cool Japanese thing, came in a bunch of different species with appropriate ā€œsongsā€) would all start chirping.

3 Likes

The songbirds are a few steps above this at least.

9 Likes

:heart_eyes: ā€¦ :bird:
:heart_eyes: ā€¦ :flamingo:
:heart_eyes: ā€¦ :parrot:
:heart_eyes: ā€¦ :chicken:
:heart_eyes: ā€¦ :duck:
:heart_eyes: ā€¦ :dove:
:heart_eyes: ā€¦ :owl:

2 Likes

I love it. :rofl:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.