Thank you, Marion!

1 Like

I see what you did there. :wink:

4 Likes

That layering works so well and your design fits it really well

2 Likes

Hey, that looks great!

3 Likes

I’ve been interested in the Lixie Tube acrylic take off on the Nixie Tube of days gone by but recently resurrected. I had only thought numbers as a sign. Using the different layers of design for depth is really amazing. I have so much acrylic that I could make a pretty good one. So many ideas, so much inspiration. So little time.

Just taking the time to do an image layered for depth is so cool. I’ve finally been able to think of an object in 3D but now to think of the composition of a scene in 3D is another thing.

7 Likes

It seems like just yesterday when you were telling us you didn’t know this, didn’t know that, couldn’t blah blah blah.

You’re ready to give all of us (especially me) master classes now :slight_smile:

It’s really wonderful. I’m in awe

9 Likes

Well, hardly. Haha! But, time does fly when you’re having fun, right? And you know what…there’s still a whole bunch of don’t know this and don’t know that, going on. Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments!

7 Likes

Ingenious. Beautiful. Fabuous execution

5 Likes

If that is “just a Blender” the Taj Mahal is “just a grave stone”.

Really amazing work!

6 Likes

I love it. Great job on the design!

3 Likes

The layered “glass” panels in a massive block effect transcends the material & construction method into inarguably pure art.

Clever idea with the mirrors in the LED base too.

5 Likes

I’ll accept that fantastic analogy with humble thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you, Jim…my mentor-slash-guru. Great compliments coming from you.

2 Likes

What a great project idea. I just love every little thing about this design! Sealife theme - YES! Lighted acrylic - YES! Cool looking base - YES! Layered design - YES!

4 Likes

This is exceptional! You rock!!!

2 Likes

This part of your response reminded me of when I was designing the 16 panels. I specifically created each separate panel to be cut and engraved, added the images onto each panel one at a time, then slid one over another to be able to see how the images lined up, adjusted them as needed. I wish now that I had used fewer images and perhaps more plain panels for further depth. I discovered that there’s a lot of distortion happening when you combine that many pieces…especially when you put some bright lights underneath them. But…that’s how we figure out what we like…by seeing the end result.

12 Likes

Wow, this is fantastic! Great job!

1 Like

Ditto multiplied by all of the above!!!

You should be so proud of how far you have come. Am I correct in saying you didn’t know any vector drawing programs before you got your glowforge?

@Xabbess standing ovation!!!

3 Likes

I agree! Sort of a rag to riches story…wait…not saying you were raggity before…umm… Well you know what I mean @Xabbess:joy::sweat_smile::joy::sweat_smile::joy:

3 Likes