Another lid open error

I have looked through the forum and tried all the ideas of how to resolve the Lid Open issue. I have cleaned the unit, the crumb tray sits well, cleaned the door area, checked the clips to the lid cable, etc., everything looks like it’s supposed to and the lid sits firmly. No bumps or trauma getting materials in/out. Any additional ideas would be helpful. I’ve had my unit 4 months. I went ahead and placed an order for the black cable.
Thanks

So you have checked the magnets in the door and the machine sits level…

Yes, the magnets are working? and the door closes like it should. Is there something else with the magnets i should check? And, the machine is very level and has not been moved.
Thanks

1 Like

If the door closes and the lid closes all the way and not even the slightest open on one side, then support should be along to help…

I’m so sorry to hear you’re having problems with your lid. Could you do the following for me?

1. Power off your Glowforge

2. Open the lid and front door of your Glowforge

3. Remove your crumb tray

4. Check for and remove any debris that may prevent the front door from closing properly, particularly the area underneath the front door

5. Close the front door and lid

6. Power your Glowforge back on

7. If you’re still receiving the Lid Open message without the crumb tray installed, please take a look at the following photos and let me know anything looks different. If you see anything that looks different, please take a picture and send it to us. Also, if the lights on the lid of your Glowforge are not lighting up, please let me know.

​ ​

​ ​

Everything looks the same. The lights do light up.
Thanks, Robin

In case it’s important, my design had started cutting when it suddenly showed this lid open status…so the lid was closed and running when it showed up. Not sure if there’s any relevance in that but thought I’d mention it.
Thanks

Hello @rvogt, thank you for working through those steps for us, and for providing the additional detail.

It looks like your unit has a bigger issue that we are not going to be able to resolve remotely, and we will need to do a warranty replacement.

We will need to confirm some personal information in order to get the replacement process started, so I’m going to send you a separate email with the details.

You should receive my email in a few minutes, but if you don’t receive it in the next 30 minutes please check your spam / junk mail folder. Once I know you’ve received my email, I’ll close this thread.

Thanks, I received your email and responded to continue with the replacement. Thank you for your attention to this.

I’m glad I could help. Our Customer Success team will be touch with you soon to confirm your Glowforge replacement. I’m going to close this thread now.