Another machine not cutting through PG anymore

Add another one to the “medium draftboard no longer cutting through”. I noticed that my machine hasn’t cut 3mm MDF with my usual settings for about 2 weeks, so I went through the usual troubleshooting process:

• Crumb tray removed, cleaned and reseated
  • Lens, laser windows, mirror, head camera and laser windows cleaned right before the cut
  • Material held flat with honeycomb pins
  • Ruler cut with standard PG draftboard settings
  • Cut not complete - see photos.

Machine previously cut through OK - the other cuts on the photo are from week 1.

The cut was made on June 5th around 10PM Swiss time, (last one before this post), if there’s any indication in the logs.

Thanks,
AAB

I learned a long time ago to test for cut through, mostly because I do not use the PG stuff much and only 'sort of ’ trust my own numbers.

Normally, (in my experience), a need for additional cut calls can be caused by a slight warping to the wood, or a need to clean all the lenses for accurate beam transfer.
You always wonder if something may have changed though.

Like the PG materials have gone through a manufacturing change, are coming in warped, or some ‘new and improved’ function in the cloud is overriding what use to work.

Taking the time to mark down PG settings to compare them later would also allow for seeing a difference.

With our ‘head in the clouds’ as it were, we are at the mercy of whatever they do up there (but we knew this when we bought this machine, didn’t we?). This is a poor tool to own if into ‘conspiracy theories’ heh heh.

You have given them the information they need to identify this specific issue, now we can sit back and see what they think occurred…

Thank you for reaching out and providing that information.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like