Another one bites the dust

If the Instant Pot is a joke, call me The Comedian!

1 Like

I’ve got a Nomiku (CEO is a friend) and I dig it, but our Instant Pot gets more use. We eat mostly vegetarian at home and the pressure cooker’s more versatile for veggie.

During a particularly slow-moving 3 hour production conference call, I made this:

10 Likes

I also have a 2nd gen Nomiku, and a Mellow. Sansaire Delta would have been the fourth sous vide device – a bit much.

For pressure cooking, we went with the Breville. Same thing, basically. It makes great rice in 5 minutes. I’ve been too tired to cook much lately. Can’t wait for spring to fire up the smoker again.

4 Likes

I have only one sous vide, which is just our slow cooker wired through an Inkbird temperature controller, but I have five barbecue grills.
:grinning:

(I should add that we also have six or seven slow cookers. I just use the largest for sou vide. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

and risotto in 20. without stirring. not as good as the slowly stirred version, but 80% of the flavor with 10% of the work.

i’ve been grilling again on the kamado lately. plan on kabobs tonight. but, to be fair, after snow on saturday it was 70 yesterday and 75 today. mother nature is a bit addled.

1 Like

Too funny, reminds me of being in conference calls washing clothes in my underwear and being asked “What’s that noise?” …

1 Like

I am also a cooking tool junkie. I have an instant pot, and way to many other gadgets, but I really need the weather to get better so I can return to my first love… the Traeger.

3 Likes

Yep, I thought two was enough, so I got this Tasty one Top . But forgot to check my cook-ware so other than the Cast Iron Pan, nothing else works. :sunglasses:

:grinning: I use the Big Green Egg to smoke stuff in the dead of winter - as long as the snow on the deck is lower than the handle I can dig out the bottom draft door & good to go. Just need to remember to put a foil rng on top of the gasket so the top doesn’t freeze to the bottom.

It does seem ridiculous to be smoking ribs in a parka but they’re sooooo good :grinning:

3 Likes

I grilled steaks on my BGE at 11 PM last night when it was below freezing .

Eating well requires commitment. :slight_smile:

(The steaks were cooked SV at 127F, then dried and seared for about 90 seconds each side.)

And I just realized I have 3 pressure cookers… The IP, a much larger stovetop Fagor, and a MUCH LARGER pressure canner, which I also use when I make big batches of pressure-cooked food. I can fit a whole Costco pack of wings in there, that’s 60 of 'em.

2 Likes

I have one of those too! Best chicken ever.

3 Likes

Ain’t that the truth!

1 Like

My original Sansaire is doing great. Kind of a crowded market now.

Might have to get an instapot though. Seems to be quite the gadget, although I am generally able to schedule around meals for timing, but since I don’t have a small pressure cooker at the moment, this might do.

Affordable Sous Vide cookers were hard to find two years ago. Now a days there are a lot on the market. Might have hit an overly saturated market. I’ve personally got a Nomiku. Love the cooking method but wouldn’t recommend the company.

2 Likes

Julia Child’s French onion soup in less than an hour, from cellar to table. :wink:

2 Likes

How long for the wings? are they thawed first?

I have an the Big American pressure canner. and I love wings. Details I need details! :slight_smile:

I have a Power Pressure XL the large version. It is a wonderful gadget.

I’d love to learn more about the Instant Pot. I’ve been hearing so much about it but I’m not sure I still get it. Should we start a new topic so you all can educate me?

And, here it is:

https://community.glowforge.com/t/off-topic-instant-pot/20106?u=cynd11

For some reason, I brought up wings before… Oh, because I am a fanatic, that’s why. Here’s the info!