Another Periodic Table

Yet another periodic table puzzle. My first start to finish project. !

Periodic%20%20-%203|666x500

118 Likes

AWESOME! I hope this ends up as a file that can be purchased. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m not sure how user contributions to the catalog are going to work, (if they even happen). But if I can get enough time in to write up a tutorial for the prints I’ll post it here if there is enough interest.

14 Likes

Fantastic!

1 Like

Wow!!! Wish I had this when I was learning the periodic table.

1 Like

Wow, that’s so cool. The way you did the colors is really clever.

How’d you do your fills? Looks awesome.

Thanks. Sharpie on the frosted side of frosted acrylic. Hard to get even but a little alcohol rub helps out.

6 Likes

Black alcohol based ink before weeding( Copic Pen). Then clean with a Zeiss lens wipe.

6 Likes

looks good from here!

1 Like

I have svg’s if people want them. But also a noob question. How do I post them?

1 Like

This is totally, completely, awesome. Nerd power!

Awesome. This is definitely something that would be a great catalog item whenever GF team opens it for user submitted designs.

1 Like

You can drag and drop, or use the upload button 04%20AM

If you are using illustrator, “save as a copy” using these settings:

aiSVGoutputSettings

some folks have issues uploading svgs; you may need to zip the file, or post it as a PDF if the SVG doesn’t work.

3 Likes

That’s clever. Ive colored some wood with alcohol markers and really liked the effect, but color acrylic was really streaky. I’ll have to try it again and see if alcohol helps.

I could not get a good color on clear acrylic at all (hours of tries) but the frosted worked great!

1 Like

periodictableoutlineandholesperiodictableoutlinethickacrylicPeriodicTableforfulletchPeriodicTablecolorsforcutfrosted

30 Likes

Excellent work!

1 Like

Awesome! I’ll be saving this one for the kids for sure!

1 Like

Wow, before I even clicked on this I was hoping you had done it in acrylic, and you have! Not only have you done it in acrylic, you’ve done it in colors - spectacular!

4 Likes