(another) PRINT LOAD ERROR

We’re sorry, an error occurred while preparing this print.
If the issue persists, please contact us at support@glowforge.com with details about what’s causing this error to occur.

File attached… One engrave object, one cut object. Engrave set to Photo. Nothing special (aside from the fact that it’s for my daughter’s birthday tomorrow).
Jack Kelly2.zip (519.3 KB)

It sits on the Preparing your print / Preparing your design window for about 6 minutes, then errors out… every time. Rebooted, even tried deleting and re-uploading the file.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Okay, I got it to load by lowering the image resolution to 72 ppi, choosing Photo engrave > Manual > Dots and changing the LPI to 195.

It took half an hour to process it, and it takes an hour and a half to print.

(And i did edit that to include lowering the resolution…forgot to put that in there the first time so my apologies.)

7 Likes

Thanks so much for that effort!!!

It’s a disappointing answer though. It’s really not a complex or large image. Pretty simple, really. Sure, it’s big. But it’s mostly empty space.

Weird you say you dropped p/i to 72… I double checked to find it already is.

I wonder if it changed when imported into AI. Hmmm…

So I’m working, of course, but I’m thinking I don’t want to drop LPI. I’m going to try separating into 3 jobs… Image, Text, Cut… and see what happens.

I’m going to try on my lunch break remotely, so hopefully I’ll have good results!

No, it might have already been at that res…if I see a file that covers that much of the bed, area-wise, I automatically drop the image resolution to 72 ppi in order to drop the pixel data load, first thing. (I do it in Illustrator and it doesn’t show what it starts out at.)

If someone is having trouble with one that is about half the bed size, I won’t drop it quite that far…might start with 300 ppi.

It’s just a first step I do to reduce load. Wasn’t needed in this case. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

So I got the photo to work at 340 LPI by separating it from the text. 1.3 hour engrave. The text and cut are running right now. Will be another 1.3 hours.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Glad to hear you were able to get it printed, thanks @jules for the help! I’m going to close this thread but if you have any further issues please let us know.