Another Pro Email

Better then the shower you probably took after that hike. Grats!

2 Likes

Very few things could top the post-backpacking shower, but it definitely did. :smiley:

6 Likes

aye, the dragon con is quickly approaching!

4 Likes

I’ll be heading out for a week long backpacking trip in just over three weeks. It would be great to find such a note setting in my email after coming off the trail. I think the shower will still be my first priority :grinning:

3 Likes

I’m sure anyone else you’re traveling with will appreciate the shower being top priority, too. :stuck_out_tongue: Where are you going backpacking?

2 Likes

I’ll be in New Mexico and Philmont Scout Ranch.

6 Likes

We passed not too far from there on our trip. Looks like a beautiful area. Passing some wishes for good weather your way.

1 Like

I really hope the weather is nice, but in three weeks things will begin to change in the mountains. We could have more nice summer like weather or it could be snowing every day. Either way, I’m really looking forward to spending time hiking and enjoying the company of an old friend.

1 Like

Groovy! I did my trek (including Old Baldy) back in 1983.

I was a Ranger in 1982 and the friend that will be going with me this year was a Ranger in 1983. We only have a week for this Alumni trip, but we will also be going over Baldy.

“I want to go back to Philmont”

http://www.toothoftimetraders.com/i-wanna-go-back-to-philmont-poster/5783812021917057264/product

This print hangs in the main room of our house.

5 Likes

I went as an Eagle Scout in '83. Loved the hiking, camping, mountain climbing, gold-panning, horseback riding, etc… The only negative out of the whole experience…was eating squeeze cheeze and crackers for nearly a month. Squeeze Cheeze is now on my “no fly” list.

6 Likes

My son’s hiked at Philmont twice. I was supposed to go with the second time but was unfortunately run over by a suburban before the trip. Kinda put a damper on it…
Hope you have a great time and weather

1 Like

That’s how I felt after Philmont :crazy_face: So, in essence, you had the experience via another means.

1 Like

I’m playing a show at Dragoncon with my friend The Pyrate Queen… My first 'con. Can’t wait!

3 Likes

Foil packed tuna on crackers is mine :smiling_face:

Someone told me that Philmont is the world’s 2nd largest packager & consumer of meal packs. The U.S. Army is #1.

3 Likes

UPS notification for the Proofgrade coming next Tuesday. I know in some occasions the Glowforge hasn’t been too far behind. It would be so amazing if it came before the the 3-day weekend, but I’m not counting on it. Still, it would be awesome.

6 Likes

FWIW, I’ll hope along with you on that one.

1 Like

Much appreciated! :smiley:

1 Like

I received my Proofgrade shipping notice the same day as you, and mine should be here Tuesday as well.

My Golden Email came 5 days after yours, and my order date is one day after you.

Maybe they ship the Proofgrade in batches?

4 Likes

Just got the UPS notification. No arrival date, but it’s on its way!

14 Likes