Another Pro has landed

I wanted to see how much detail a tiny print got.

1 Like

I see you’re going wild! I know exactly how you feel :sunglasses:

That granite is a good example of a stone with several minerals in it and how they react differently.

So I’ve noticed, and Slate is a good stone for being more homogeneous, in theory.

3 Likes

Yeah, the nature of fine grain sediment is a pretty homogeneous generally. I have had fun with marble too. Another metamorphic stone. Doesn’t catch fire either…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

And now I can’t go to the store without seeing :glowforge: projects. Now I can test glass, mirrors, and sandstone coasters. (I have a coworker that’s going to be buried in stuff.)

4 Likes

I just did a project for someone and tried to do on granite, but the difference between the main body and the flakes was making smaller text unreadable. So I went with slate.

1 Like

Slate come later. Either tonight or tomorrow. (I took tomorrow off, too.)

1 Like

Playing around more with hardwood floor samples. The engraving was very easy. The cutting made me thing VERY fondly of proofgrade, as did the smell. These do not cut as easily as 1/4" :proofgrade:.

IMG_4312

While the results were pretty, the contract was a little low if the angle and lighting wasn’t right. Enter :bulb:! Insert very potent magnification…

Watercolor…

Embossing Powder…

IMG_4326

Another success.

22 Likes

Bastet! :sunglasses::+1: (Hugely awesome, expecially with the glim.)

Cat on a hot…hardwood floor…

2 Likes

Figure I’ve earned the merit badge by now, so I made myself one.

11 Likes

I’m loving your work here. Particularly the rulerepe.

2 Likes

The embossing powder was the perfect effect for Bastet!

Things like this are part of why I so love this company.

2 Likes

So, I wanted to try something larger with the stone (not to a lazy susan yet, sorry @jules).

Obviously, weeding that masking is going to be a royal pain. Borrowing from all I’ve learned reading here, I used some Gorilla Tape. (I was prepared from previous posts, have duct tape and gorilla tape. 2 strips from the big guns later, and I’ve got a clean cut.

11 Likes

10 Likes

Happy cake day @jeanneleigh !!!

3 Likes

Thanks! :grinning:

1 Like

Happy two year anniversary!
There should be an ‘endurance’ or ‘patience’ badge for sticking it out 2 years! :pensive:

3 Likes

Thanks! I agree - when I get my GF I’ll make my own wooden/acrylic/leather/something badge!

1 Like