Another Reality Check

One of the biggest disappointments in life…to lose someone you love. Made even more so when they die too young. I’m very sorry you’ve lost your good friend. When I was around 58, I lost one of very few best friends to cancer at age 57. What a blow…and I miss her dearly to this day and beyond. Blessings to you, David…

2 Likes

As much as we dread the death of those we love, it is often an encounter with our inevitable end that brings perspective and clarity to our here and now. I’m at my mothers helping out because in a week we will commemorate the 20th anniversary of the passing of my little brother. He was 21 at the time.

5 Likes

That is one of the saddest things ever. My husbands older brother died from an accidental gunshot wound at the age of 11…on Mother’s Day, of all times. The grief never, ever left her eyes.

4 Likes

Sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your experience. Prayers and blessings to you and his family.

4 Likes

Sorry about your friend.

2 Likes

Honestly, that breaks my heart just to read about it.

3 Likes

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

2 Likes

Sorry about peoples losses.

My Glowforge has been on order so long that actually I have seen the death of my mother, an aunt, a sister-in-law and my sister’s father-in-law since I ordered it. Nothing unexpected for the older generation as they were in their 80’s but my sister-in-law was younger than me. It makes me wonder how many of the ~10000 Glowforge customers have died waiting. The death rate in the USA is 8.2 per 1000, so perhaps a significant number. I hope their estates know about the order and are able to get a refund. Perhaps I should add it to my will!

Sorry to be so morbid.

6 Likes

That is a tough run for anybody, expected or not. I went through a similar run several years ago, plus a lot of old coworkers from the past. You start to hate the phrase “Did you hear about…?”

4 Likes

Sorry man, it’s never easy saying goodbye. Thanks for sharing, we all need these reminders (I certainly did).

2 Likes

Thank you. [quote=“hansena, post:30, topic:6488”]
we all need these reminders
[/quote]

That’s really what prompted me to make this post, it took a slap in the face for me to see beyond the self imposed blinders. Easy to get lost in the weeds. :wink:

6 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear of his passing.

2 Likes

Hey folks. I’m not much of a praying man, just not how I was brought up . But my father in law , who is probably a tad younger then some of you, has really advanced cancer . Turned yellow a bit over a week ago, and is in a car to the hospital as we speak with a high fever. So maybe say a prayer if so inclined, or just hug someone.

I might get bought out before they even had a chance to have figured out what type…

13 Likes

I’ll do both. Wishing the best for you & yours.

6 Likes

will do. Sorry to hear about him.

5 Likes

Positive thoughts being sent your way.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry. I hope the outcome is better than you have reason to believe right now.

5 Likes

I am the praying sort…I’ll say one for him, and for the rest of your family. I’m sorry.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear about your FIL. Take care of yourself and your wife.

7 Likes

Rubbing her feet as I type…

10 Likes