Another Rendering Question

Hey Everyone, Could someone else help me check to see if the attached file is bad? I made it based on the glowforge catan files given previously. I’ve uploaded it as an SVG and PDF if there are any problems.

It sits and errors out when initially rendering, and I’m not sure how to move forward. It is such a precise use of material, I doubt I’ll be able to break it into two files and have it fit.

Catan%20Board%20MapleCatan Board Maple.pdf (7.0 MB)

Looks like you have alot of open paths and extra masks. This is what I get when I open it (after deleting the black rectangle). This is what it is trying to render which I imagine is more than it can handle.

1 Like

Oh man! I’ll have to do a lot more work than I thought. This is so weird for being the file glowforge published themselves!

I’m suddenly realizing how over my head I’m in with illustrator.

I recommend going through these tutorials. It gets you through the basics and you’ll be engraving in no time. They really helped me out.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/tutorials.html

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.