Another Source For Laser Foil?

In a previous post @Tom_A gave a source for laser foil from Johnson Plastics . I am curious to know if anyone has an alternative source. That material is fairly pricey and ultimately I would like to ship it internationally. At Johnson Plastic you don’t know the international shipping cost until the order is fulfilled. Interestingly, the material I can get in the EU is multi-ply foil - 2 colors. I am interested in materials like that of Johnson Plastics because it is single ply. I wonder if any self adhesive mylar could substitute. Any help or insight is appreciated!

Matthew

3 Likes

Oracal 352 is a polyester based self adhesive metallic material that cuts nicely in the laser cutter and comes in several shades of gold, chrome, brushed metal finish, etc. I would think there would be a UK dealer of this stuff. You can get it from most vinyl suppliers. It’s pricier than regular vinyl but if you don’t have to pay international shipping, you’ll save a bunch.

8 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I will check it out!

1 Like

Oracal 352

Hot damn, I had some of this squirreled away and didn’t guess it was laser-safe. @MakerMatthew I ordered it from Feller’s.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.