Another step forward

The only way I’ve been able to make it work in my own head is to make the holes, not the fingers. You kind of have to reverse your thinking, but for some reason it just works better for me to subtract holes from my parts rather than trying to add fingers to them.

Maybe I’ll do a tutorial, if I can figure out how to explain it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! My pleasure, as well.

2 Likes

When and if you have the time, I’d love that. I’d like to learn to do it the proper way, which is most likely much easier than the way I’m doing it now. Thanks.

2 Likes

Haha! I’m not sure mine is the “proper” way! It’s just the way I do it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Well, to me, any different ways of doing stuff is good. Then I can choose which works for me the best.

3 Likes

It is quite amazing how you made it a desk ornament rather than a box per se. It is amazing how something considered objectionable ( trace iron in glass) could work out so well…

I never liked the large tabs but or really like when the fingers are equal or less than the thickness of the materials. This is especially true where there increased faces to reflect.
I assume you have played with the boxes.py that makes it easy to set stuff up even though a bit of a pain to clean up.

On and BTW have a most happy birthday :partying_face: :tada:

3 Likes

Great job on the box girl! :sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for your good wishes.

once… a long time ago, but I’ve found that I enjoy figuring out my own measurements, which in turn I’m sure is part of the reason I screws things up so much and that I may be partially bald from pulling my hair out. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It’s almost jewel-like in the light. Very pretty.

4 Likes

That would be so cool with a couple of fake diamonds inside.

4 Likes