Another sticky situation resolved

I like working with Acrylic, but there are some instances where Weld-On solvent adhesives are just too much of a mess. Here’s a link to a video I made showing a simple solution. Hopefully this will prove a useful tip for others as well. PLEASE… ignore the goofy voiceover. I think I’m delirious. :joy::rofl:

21 Likes

I rather like the voice over…sounds enthusiastic! (Great idea too!) :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks! I’m pleased with the result.

2 Likes

I’d love to see it, but as I’m not a member of Facebook I can’t. Is there any way you can put the video in a publicly accessible place? Thanks!

4 Likes

Or give a very brief written summary?

2 Likes

here you go, Cynd11. I’ve also added it to the original post. Thanks!

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I have edited the original post to include an embedded YouTube video rather than the Facebook link.

3 Likes

The voice over is great, your enthusiasm really comes through!

2 Likes

I loved the video! Thank you for making it accessible. I thought it was a very useful tip and one I will add to my bag of tricks.

I didn’t want it to get lost in the shuffle so I moved it over to Glowforge Tips & Tricks.

I wanted it in the tips and tricks section, but I don’t yet have access. Maybe one day. ?

1 Like

I’m curious how well the duct tape will hold up over time, please check back with us on that after some time has gone by!
Also, nice job with the registration squares. Lining up a rounded shape to a square one can be a hassle without tricks like that

2 Likes

Also, I missed the memo about the FB group. It’s a shame that people don’t come here to post, there is a ton of content “going to waste” on facebook. Does the GF support team monitor that group? I see a ton of questions that really belong in the support forum.

No, AFAIK the Problems and Support area here is the only section they monitor, aside from direct contact through email.

If someone on FB has a question about the machine that they might need answered, anyone on FB who wants to do them a favor should send them over here for help.

1 Like

It’s a shame that it fractures the audience. The forum would be better off if more people participated.

1 Like

Hopefully they’ll find their way over. If not, maybe they don’t need help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Nothing wrong with hanging out where you’re comfortable. I personally don’t care much for Facebook, but a lot of people live for it.

2 Likes

Personally, I have never been more comfortable and open in any forum as this one. I’ve never felt like I was surrounded by friends and expertise like here.

Nice technique, thanks for sharing that.
Acrylic solvent is problematic because it is thin and will run. I tend to rely on a syringe and magnification so I can better control the amount applied. It does take a touch, because a drop too much can ruin the work.

That tape manufacturer should sponsor you!

4 Likes

I agree, PTL! What a great group of folks. Of course, you’ve been a huge asset to the group, and I’m sure will continue as such!

1 Like

I expect it will be fine. The package says it’s perfect for “long term repairs” and “heavy duty projects”.

Yet another supply I’m going to have to get some of. This crew is the worst bunch of enablers I’ve ever met. I mean that in the nicest possible way! :rofl:

4 Likes

Trust me - I know the feeling, and I’m only halfway finished loading the shelves. I had better hurry before the next shipment arrives. #addiction #MoreMoneyThanSense

5 Likes