Any HELP appreciated

I am having an issue with a set of files.

I am trying to create a star(cut) and text/shapes(engrave)

The software is recognising all of my cuts and engraves and allowing me to adjust the settings. However they are not all actually “printing”

I even have some of the same colour fills printing and some not printing

Notes
Designing in Inkscape
Setting Strokes and fills in order of operations
i realise the name is still text and won’t be recognised (just there for registration later)

Please help

JonStars%20no%20name

Please zip the .svg file here and attach it so I can open it in Inkscape and take a proper gander. Whatever is happening is likely something we can’t see with the naked eye. If you can, take a snap of the actual output you’re getting so we can see what’s not printing.

Are you waiting for the design to fully render before hitting the button?

I tried opening your svg in Illustrator (I don’t have Inkscape) but it refused to open. That happens sometimes when fonts are specified in the Inkscape svg. So I opened it in another program, Sure Cuts A Lot, and I did notice that all of your figures are duplicates exactly superimposed on each other. I don’t know if that’s the source of your problem but you won’t be happy with the results if it runs all those lines twice. Try removing all the duplicates and see if it helps.

3 Likes

Thanks just caught that as i was redesigning.

This was the source of my problems.

You have to love this community.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Jon

6 Likes

They have GOT to fix that bug. Leaving in bugs that make it easy to waste materials is not cool.

1 Like

What bug are you referring to?

Oh wait the rendering thing. Yeah it might be nice if they had a way to prevent hitting print before everything renders…

But they probably can’t decide what’s going to print until after rendering is complete. Kind of a catch-22.

I’d guess they would need to devise a look-ahead sort of thing, no idea how difficult that would be with their existing codebase. Still it’d be nice.

All they have to do is stop you from pressing Print until the preview is done rendering.

1 Like

Right. That implies that they know when it’ll be done previewing, which was my earlier point about a lookahead.

1 Like

They do not have to know when it’s done ahead of time in order to prevent you from pushing the button. They’d need to know ahead of time if they provided a timer.

I give them a lot of leeway but this particular issue should not be allowed to persist. New users have been losing material to this issue for… A year now?

1 Like

I agree with you, I think it’d be a good idea to prevent pressing the print button until the processing is complete. All I’m saying is that it’s a complex action with lots of variables(which we can speculate about but eh), and so deciding when to enable the button may be tricky to do given how the system is currently architected.

In any case they’d have to be really careful before messing with any part of the printing process. I’m not sure I’d call it a bug but it’s definitely a usability issue.

Is this really still a thing? I’ve read about this before, but I’ve always pressed the button as soon as it lights and I’ve never had a partial print. Not even once!

3 Likes

I’ve never tested it. I just remember others having that issue. I think someone reported an issue with this recently though.

Yeah, it’s a real thing. It depends on how complex the file is. I had one take over fifteen minutes to process fully, but it was loaded with radial hinges. Each section took a while to turn off so I could run it.

2 Likes

Combining your paths in highly complicated jobs all but eliminates the issue in most cases, but it might not be practical to do so. I’m still really careful when I’m cutting something like a geometric piece that has 200-300 small parts on one sheet.

2 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!