Any Idea When acrylic Back In Stock?

Does anyone have any idea when 1/8" 12x20 PG acrylic will be back in stock?

Nope, but cast acrylic is cast acrylic fur the most part. You can get 1/8” acrylic from many places, search the forum for “acrylic source” if you’re in a hurry.

As a plus, many sources are less expensive than proofgrade.

4 Likes

I’m very lucky here in Vegas, there is a Shop here Piper Plastics, that has a castoff bin. Anything in this bin is $1 a pound. I go and check every other week and only once found it empty. Found just about every colour of the rainbow. They also have the large 4’x8’ sheets that they will cut down into panels.

2 Likes

Yep. Just put an order in from estreetplastics. They are about 1/2 the price of PG even when including shipping if your piece count is high enough. But have to mask it myself which takes time and additional product. After considering time and the extra effort and materials, the PG products don’t look too overly pricey to me.

Not in my experience, estreet (and everyone else) ships premasked. The only caveat is that you want to try to get paper masking instead of plastic if you can. Most of estreets stuff is paper I think.

2 Likes

If that’s the case and their product is good (this is my first order from them), then they may be my go-to- supplier. About 2 cents per square inch as opposed to about 4 cents per square inch for PG. I also like that their sheets are cut a little smaller than the PG sheets, so I’m not paying for the edge area that I can’t use on larger engraves. Less wasted material too. Here’s hoping for a great buying experience!

1 Like

Estreet is my preferred vendor, they are consistently low on price, if not the lowest.

If you can find a local supplier you might get better deals, especially if you’re buying scrap from them like @aanden. My local shop has a recycle bin that they let me rummage through for free.

2 Likes

My orders from eStreet always come with paper masking. What are you getting that isn’t masked?

1 Like

It didn’t specify masked, so it appears that I improperly ass-u-me’d that it wasn’t masked. Glad I’m wrong!

The guy at Tap told me plastic masking means extruded acrylic, paper means cast.

Just in case you didn’t already know!

Check out piedmont plastics if you have one near you. A 4’x8’ sheet of standard colors is around $70. Thats ~20 proofgrade sheets, coming out to about $3.50 a sheet.

while this is generally true, there are exceptions. i have large sheets of cast in my office that have plastic masking.

1 Like

Well, shoot. And here I thought I had at least one small part of life figured out!

Well, I ordered the cast, so we’ll find out shortly how they ship;-)

1 Like

It is mostly true. But there are exceptions.

2 Likes

Hey, do you know if they have a scrap bin? I just realized there’s one not too far from me.

Also, will they cut sheets down?

2 Likes

They generally only sell full sheets, so highly doubt they have a scrap bin, but doesnt hurt to ask. They definitely cut sheets down. I get all mine cut to 4x4’ so I can fit them in my truck

2 Likes

In all my time I havent found any that falls outside of this rule

3 Likes

Thanks. That’s really helpful. I’m just excited to see them in my area (I think they bought out another plastics place).

1 Like

I just got in my first order from estreet yesterday, and it is nicely masked.

3 Likes