Anybody else have "new" sounds?

I’ve noticed my GFP has made a lot of new sounds during calibration. A little more whiny than before? Is something wearing out or is there some new step in the calibration process?

1 Like

Last firmware update added a bit of air assist fan and purge air after a short quiet period following a print.

2 Likes

I’ve also noticed a slightly more whiny sound when moving the head, not necessarily during calibration. What I’m hearing is definitely separate from the new fan noise.

• j

@tonybarnhill Thanks for letting us know about this. Do you mind taking a video of the calibration so I can take a listen? You can post it here or email it directly to us at support@glowforge.com

@jed_ike

I’ve also noticed a slightly more whiny sound when moving the head, not necessarily during calibration. What I’m hearing is definitely separate from the new fan noise.

We try to keep to one topic per post in the Problems and Support section. If you’d like me to look into this, please create a new post with this question. I’m happy to look into it.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.