Anybody want to help me with a project?

You are wonderful for taking the time to do this, as is every single person who has offered to help!

Count me in. I am a professional doodler of art programs. Newbie to all programs master of none? Something like that.

Looks like you have enough volunteers, but I have used both illustrator and photoshop professionally so I don’t mind helping if you need me.

I am interested. I have little experience with Photoshop and less with vector graphics. I am also an experienced technical writer and can look at things from several points of view.

I’d be happy to help.

1 Like

Happy to help as well… :slight_smile:

I would offer my help, but … it looks like your covered! :no_mouth:
I expected nothing less from this group. Proud to be part of it.

2 Likes

Every one of you is needed and now included in the thread. Anyone else willing to help…just let me know…I’ll add you to the thread. No experience is actually a good thing if you’re willing or wanting to start learning.

2 Likes

Would love to help, I love manuals.

You’re added. Thanks! :relaxed:

1 Like

Sure, why not. Didn’t volunteer before cause it looked like you were well covered.

1 Like

Added! Thanks! :relaxed:

Glad to help if I can. I am mostly familiar with sketch up but and more familiar with training, explaining, and thinking outside my warped box. Ha ( 25+ yes in auto mfg and still slightly sane)

I’m here if I’m needed🤓

Yep, don’t know if we have a Sketchup expert…added! Thanks!:relaxed:

I think I’m going to tag @dan as well, to see if he has someone he wants to oversee this? (Or yourself if you want to check in once in a while…make sure we’re not setting fire to anything…) :innocent:

1 Like

Fire…hmm our first scoutmaster did remind us of “Tim the tool man Taylor” and was on a first name basis with every emergency room around. (From his willingness to do ANYTHING, and a total lack of self preservation skills. Ha) So no ma’am…we ain’t scared of no fires! Ha

3 Likes

ROFL! My bad…I was actually inviting @dan to pop in once in a while there, but my grammar totally sucked. I’m not going to add him though if he’s too busy, it’s going to be an active thread…

On the other hand, if you’re not afraid of fires…that’s a good thing and we can use it for sure! :smile:

1 Like

I look at most stuff so I’ll likely look at that too. :wink:

4 Likes

I’ll add you to the thread…just wasn’t sure if you wanted to get in on the nitty gritty, which might be kind of hopping for a bit. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I absolutely would like to help. Thank you for starting this thread. If I could be so bold as to ask for a certain topic to be covered… I would like to address scaling. I come from an engineering design background and typically deal with AutoCAD DWGs. They are drawn on a 1:1 scale and output that drawing directly to a plasma cutter that cuts to the dimensions drawn. We use a lot of slots and tabs our designs to help aid in fit up, so I will probably be using those when desiging parts for the GF.

I have watched a number of videos on placing parts on the GF table and immediately scaling to fit the area available. What was the original size and now the new one?

A thread early last year by @jkopel on tool storage was great and showed the GF’s ability to cut plywood to fit three different dial indicators. If we can walk through that process that would be awesome. Thank you again for putting this together.

6 Likes