Anyone else having problems getting on your app?

Currently stuck on “Rendering” although I’ve power cycled both my computer and Glowforge. I’ve tried different files that have worked before, but still won’t load.

1 Like

Same, did you get it to work?

It will now show my art, but not getting a view of the bed. Just pure white where the bed image should be.

Just got a glowforge notification saying something about a software upgrade, so that may have been it.

please let me know if yours starts working. Mine says “ready” but it’s still spinning and still no bed image. I even just tried turning it off and back on.

I’m giving up. I’ll check in the morning.

I’ve been on my continuously for the past few hours. No interruptions.

2 Likes

Everything has been working for me the past few hours. East coast. Uploading an printing a lot of 3 minute jobs. I’m done now.

Was really slow for a while this evening–I use Firefox, and apparently they were running an update. I closed my browser & when I reopened it got the “update” window, and then the GF app was fine & fast again…

Thanks everyone, it worked for me this morning. So everything is fine now.

Hi @jeffmik05, I’m sorry you had some trouble printing yesterday. I’ve extracted the logs of your Glowforge to investigate what happened. During my investigation I noticed a few failures relating to the strength of your connection.

Though network-specific Wi-Fi challenges may occur for a number of different reasons, I have a few suggestions that may help:

• If your Wi-Fi network includes several access points, it’s possible that your Glowforge needs to re-establish its connection whenever it ‘hops’ from one access point to another. As a test, you could try creating a dedicated access point for the Glowforge to see if that helps.
  • Since Glowforge only uses the 2.4GHz frequency, a connection will be harder to establish and maintain on a crowded 2.4GHz network. Other devices using 2.4GHz, like cordless phones and microwaves, can cause interference and an unstable connection. You can consult your router settings to check the performance and traffic on your 2.4GHz network.
  • In your network settings, check the channel you’re using for the 2.4GHz band. Trying a different channel may provide a more consistent connection.
  • Though less common, DNS or name resolution conflicts may also cause intermittent connectivity problems. If you use a custom DNS configuration on your router, you might want to try default DNS settings to see if that works better.

If you start to have trouble printing again, there’s a test you can try that will help us narrow down the problem. If possible, could you please create a Wi-Fi hotspot with a cell phone and use that network to connect your Glowforge to Wi-Fi? This is a good way to rule out signal interference since you can set your phone right on top of your Glowforge!

You can find instructions online to help you create a Wi-Fi hotspot using a cell phone. Make sure that you set it up to be a 2.4 GHz hotspot, since that is the frequency your Glowforge uses.

Once the Wi-Fi hotspot is broadcasting, you can connect to it by following these steps:

1. Turn on your Glowforge.
  2. Wait 30 seconds. Then hold down the button for ten seconds until it glows teal.
  3. Navigate to setup.glowforge.com and follow the instructions on-screen. When prompted to connect your Glowforge to Wi-Fi, choose the hotspot you created.
  4. Once Wi-Fi setup is complete, go to app.glowforge.com and try a few prints.

I hope this information helps, we are always here to help so if you have any other questions or run into any more trouble feel free to reach out to us here or at support@glowforge.com.

1 Like