Anyone thought about buying insurance for their glowforge?

Just saw the thread on the damaged one, SO sorry! Wondering if anyone has thought about insuring their glowforge? You know, like how you can add personal goods like electronics and jewelry to your home insurance…

There was a thread about this a while back if you search the forum a bit. I think the search terms were “purchasing a warranty”? I can’t recall, but I know it’s out there.

2 Likes

Considering you are not supposed to leave the machine unattended while operating, and it will never suddenly explode in flames, I think you’d have a hard time convincing your insurance company to pay out.

Of course, you may relish the idea of increased premiums due to owner negligence.

2 Likes

Considering that my deductible is 1000 dollars, I don’t think it would make sense to add a rider for the laser (I have a basic). However, yesterday when I was worried about a tree coming through the window and taking it out, I was wondering it if would be covered :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.