App having errors in Firefox

Since last night, the app has been crashing when I use it in Firefox. I’m pretty sure the browser is up to date, since I let it update automatically.

The message I get is just, “An unexpected error has occurred, please refresh your browser.” Last night it happened in the middle of a job. The job finished, but the app closed the real time preview. It was still showing a timer while in the window where you see previous job files.

This morning, it won’t run anything from Firefox. It crashed three times before I switched to Chrome. Not having issues with that browser for now.

I can’t answer browser woes. Though can say that Chrome seems to work much better for most people. However, in case you didn’t know, if the browser or app crashes, you can open it back up, open the job and hit the print button again and you’ll get the timer back - but not the live running job preview.

Good to know that the error won’t stop the print… Thank you.
I just had the error in Chrome too. :confused: Happened during file prep.

If it’s happening during rendering your design, there is a good chance it’s file related. Do you get the same thing happening with default catalog designs? Those are good to test against because they are known good files.

You can put a lot of different “things” into SVG files that can cause problems - unfortunately the error reporting isn’t very robust at the moment so when it runs into something it doesn’t like, you can get some pretty generic error messages.

If you wanted to zip up a file and upload it here, I’m sure someone can take a look at it and offer some advice.

2 Likes

They are the same files I’ve been using for months… just started having errors yesterday. :confused:

There’s currently a problem with degraded performance in Google Cloud Storage on the GFUI status page. If you’re opening previously saved files it might be the problem…

https://statuspage.glowforge.com/#

1 Like

I’m so sorry for the trouble! We’ll need just a few more details to investigate further. Could you please let me know the following?

1. When the app crashes, do other tabs in the same browser session continue working just fine?

2. What happened right before you most recently received the error message? Any details will be helpful, such as what was on the screen at the time, what you last clicked, whether you switched tabs or windows, etc.

3. If possible, could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens? Make sure to include the URL in the address bar, and as much of the app window as possible:

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.

• Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

If you’d rather not share this screenshot in the forum, you can send it to us at support@glowforge.com.

Thanks in advance.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.