App is dark

Hi! My glowforge has been working great for years and just the last couple days when I’m using the app I can’t see my material well. It looks really dark. I thought the light in my glowforge was out but its not. Any ideas?

Can you post a screenshot?

Theres a canvas bag there but its so hard to see so I’m having a hard time making sure the image is in allignment

Strange. What happens when you put a piece of white paper under the bag or adjust your screen brightness?

1 Like

It looks like the lid lights are out. That would be a symptom of the black lid cable failing. Usually the first sign of that is the camera not being able to take a picture. If the lights are in fact on, I have no idea.

3 Likes

i figured it out! the camera lens was covered in a film of dust from cutting wood. oops!! i cleaned it and the picture is much better. Thanks for the suggestions!

7 Likes

If your camera lens was covered in dust, likely the other optical components related to the laser need cleaning as well.

3 Likes

On occasions I am cutting something dark and have that issue even with a clean camera lens so I use one of those flat work lights that are wider than deep and just place them on the glass above the work pointing down to get any extra lighting I need.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.