App not working. Says my GF is cancelling

Tried loading a job, it was taking forever to process so I cancelled it. I have rebooted EVERYTHING and when I pull up the app and load a job my GF status says it’s still canceling. This has been going on for 3 hrs now. Any suggestions?

I’m not sure if this is related, but I turned my Glowforge on about 10 minutes ago and when I log into the app, I’m still getting an “Offline” status.

I havent been able to upload files for hours today. I dont know whats going on.

have you cleared your browser cache?
(I just tried, and I was able to upload successfully)

1 Like

Replying to let you know you’re not the only one! Also - Clearing my cache as jaugstman said has worked for now.

I am also having the issue - said canceling once for a while even after I rebooted everything including machine a few times, plus it keeps going to “offline” status after I go switch materials for another batch. I may just give it a rest for today, something isn’t going well.

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble during setup. It looks like your Glowforge is connected and you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s great!

Could you please let me know if you’re still experiencing any problems?

I went back through your printer’s recent logs and found that your Glowforge was able to connect successfully to your network, but it may be having trouble maintaining a stable connection. When this is the case, you won’t need to go through Wi-Fi setup again, but you may see an “Offline” message.

The most common solution to Wi-Fi challenges is to restart all the devices involved in connecting to the internet. It sounds like this is what you tried, but if the issue happens again I recommend the following:

1. Turn off the computer, phone, or tablet that you’re using

2. Turn off your Glowforge

3. Unplug your modem

4. Unplug your Wi-Fi access point

5. Wait one minute, then plug everything back in and turn them back on

If that doesn’t work, we have two more suggestions that often make a big difference:

1. Improve the signal path between your Glowforge and your Wi-Fi access point
    Wi-Fi signals need a clear path. Remove physical barriers, and move devices closer together:
    • Move your Wi-Fi access point up high and make sure it’s in an open space. Avoid locating your Wi-Fi access point on the ground, under a desk, in a cabinet, or in a corner where its signal can be blocked.
    • Relocate your Wi-Fi access point closer to your Glowforge
    • Move your Glowforge closer to your Wi-Fi access point
    • Install a Wi-Fi range extender closer to your Glowforge
    • Run an ethernet cable and install a second Wi-Fi access point next to your Glowforge

2. Reduce electronic and Wi-Fi interference
    If your unit is near other devices that use Wi-Fi or a large number of electronics, temporarily turn off other electronics and devices in the area.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.