Apple Basket

Spent yesterday giving my GF a thorough cleaning…so, I had to come up with something to destroy today.
This is from scrap 1/4" BB I had in the pile. Been batting this concept around in my head. I’m terrible at designing, so this was an accomplishment.
Terrible photos, but the stain is still drying, and I just wanted some quick pics.

I really wanted it to flat pack, but didn’t want to have multiple pieces, so I opted for adding the feet.
Short steel pins in each side so it can pivot down.

32 Likes

That one is very cool!! It somehow reminded me of peeling apple with my grandfather when I was a tiny young person. I remember visiting and he let me turn the apple peeler. It made spirals of the peeling. He would take the apples and let them dry outside under screens in the summer to make apple chips. Thanks for triggering the fond memory of childhood fun.

5 Likes

Fruit basket! Kewlness! :sunglasses: :+1:

4 Likes

And then you throw the peel over your shoulder and it’s supposed to form the initial of the person you’ll marry. Or so my grandma told me. Mine always just made a mess. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Ooh, great idea! And the banana ruler just makes the whole thing better. :wink:

4 Likes

That peeling thing works. I had an S every time, and I ended up being married to Satan for 16 years… :crazy_face:

6 Likes

See…you get it!! :wink:

3 Likes

Sorry to disagree…you’re not terrible at designing. This is a winner! Very cool!

5 Likes

It did get better once I remembered there was a spiral tool in inkscape, lol.

3 Likes

That is a great design! Unique to the forum for sure! Nice execution and great looking!

4 Likes

That is a really neat design! Since it is a flat pack… you need to expand into items that you would really want flat packed!
Santa, pumpkins, the Easter bunny, your one design could takeoff!

6 Likes

You hit the Big Apple! :apple:

4 Likes

Nice! I’d be tempted to add UltraDye.

2 Likes

You might me onto something, lol.
I did almost make a loaf of bread instead of the apple… But the shape of the apple seemed like a better proof of concept design.

2 Likes

I was having the same thoughts!
Next one will be on better material, though. This was a piece of ply that had a big crack in it. Figured if the design was a flop, it would be no big loss.

1 Like