Are magnets causing me the HEAD FAN ERRORS

I just read that the Glowforge can no longer use Magnets, is that true ?

I cannot get thru a single Cut now without the Head Fan error happening.
I have cleaned it many times now and still no solution.

1 Like

Some people had trouble with magnets stopping their fan. Their cuts failed at the exact spot every time. If the magnets are located further away from engrave/cut lines they can still be used. I don’t believe anyone said to discontinue the use of magnets. Try doing the gift of good measure or a small sample cut without magnets. Perhaps use the hold down pins instead. You need to see if the fan error occurs without the magnets. If the error persists, it is being caused by something else.

2 Likes

I have been using magnets for almost 2 years, Im trying to understand what is happening.

What has caused this problem and how can I get it fixed. ?

They have recently added fan speed monitoring. You can’t “get it fixed”. You can shield your magnets or use smaller ones or use something else to hold material down.

1 Like

So the last update has crippled the use of MAGNETS>

I spent hours cleaning and taking a part my Glowforge for nothing,
I just tested that out and sure enough it s the MAGNETS.

GOD BLESS IT> UGH
I wonder how many others started tearing apart there machine like a fools errand.

IN OTHER WORDS MAGNETS HAVE BEEN CRIPPLED. NEWS FLASH ! LAST UPDATE

1 Like

I think that the magnets in question are pretty large. I use small 1/4 x 1/4 magnets and haven’t seen a problem so far. I have to use more of them and they sometimes don’t hold down as well as a larger magnet. For larger stuff I either use spray tack or pins.

2 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!