Are you still Receiving glowforge

Well you didn’t get a beta, so I don’t think you need to keep any promises you made in your beta application.

2 Likes

Maybe not, but I don’t see how it could hurt to offer a little integrity and faithfulness to commitments in our world today. :wink:

16 Likes

I really, really hope this is not the reason you received one.

1 Like

Just doing my part. . . :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

16 Likes

Squeeeeeeee! :grinning::hedgie: :hedgie: :hedgie:

3 Likes

I’m still waiting for my confirmation email…though patience is becoming more and more difficult. I would just really like to have my 'forge to work on, on days that I’m not at dialysis. :frowning:

1 Like

my issue with the glowforge is they said they would at least email us our conformation by July or at least thats what i thought i read please correct me if i’m wrong???

Don’t think so. (Sorry, my network is having issues since this morning.)

that was before the most recent delay.

I’m sure it’s not why mine got shipped before so many in line before me—you can’t read the humor in my “voice” when I typed that… Again, I’m not Glowforge so I can’t speak for them, but that Beta application is the only thing I can think of that may have changed things for me. Promising to share stuff is not the only information they got from me on that application, so it may have been something about my circumstances. For all I know it may have been a clerical error with the paperwork in their office. As I’ve said before, I’m guessing they have their reasons. I’m not complaining either way though! This machine is amazing and you’re going to love it! It’s real, they’re shipping, and hopefully you guys get one quickly too!

5 Likes

Suspect that a Beta application might be a big factor in choosing recipients for the earliest of production units. A Beta test application implies that you were willing to put up with the quirky nature of the early S/W and H/W. Not that you would accept anything less than a fully functional machine in the long run, but that you were more likely to understand that the S/W development process is ongoing. And that you would be less likely to publicly complain about evolving capabilities.

6 Likes

Yup! Totally missed the joke. I swear I’m better at picking up on that stuff irl, but online my batting average is just abysmal :blush:

Except the powers that be repeatedly said all things being equal, they would ship in order. Some people were upset enough about the regulars getting first dibs that I imagine the backlash would be much, much worse if people started getting production units for other reasons, like because they’re better marketing, or more active on social media, or less likely to complain. I mean, it doesn’t matter to me; pretty much everyone and their dog is ahead of me. And I could understand why a company might want to do it that way, but it would just be really… Questionable.

3 Likes

So what does that mean specifically?

“All things” could (likely?) include all sorts of factors and could possibly include location, beta app, public profiles, job, etc. No one knows but GF.

2 Likes

I was fairly sure @dan had clarified that it meant by country, followed by regular status, followed by number in line (but by country would overlap, so it wouldn’t be one entire country finishing shipping before the next one started) but I cant find the comment that led me to believe that so I might be wrong.

I really hope that’s not the case. Really really. But you could be right.

1 Like

I think one factor mentioned that “could” effect order were maker spaces, schools, etc, but that was never clarified. In the end I think I will get it when I get it :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’m with you I’m happy I should get my shipping notice on or before October 31st. The rest is just likely to drive me mad with speculation.

Well, I applied to the beta program, I ordered day 1, 12:41 PST (basic, no filter), located in the lower 48… hmm.

1 Like