Arghhhhhhhh!

At what point does Glowforge decide that I have a faulty machine and replace under warranty?
I have had my glowforge since 27th Dec and have had problems from day one!
After the last 2 weeks of it not working at all and trying to get help every third day via email they decided to send me a replacement lid cable. It worked once and feeling very relieved tried to do a second engraving and it is back to normal state of not working. There doesn’t seem to be a help line and emails take 3 days to answer.

Feel a bit stupid that I bought into the idea of this ‘amazing machine’ which has been a total nightmare!

Just don’t know what to do or where to go for help other then get the same response of clean, check WiFi etc which are all fine. Just think I got unlucky and got a dud machine and I don’t feel Glowforge are doing enough to rectify the issue. Can you help @dan

1 Like

Posting here is the same as sending an email, except the community can discuss until they come along and close it.

It’s likely they will replace the machine after determining there is nothing wrong with the cable installation, and your network setup.

Many of us have had over two years of trouble-free operation. They’ve sold over 20,000 of them, so you are bound to see a fair number of issues reported here. It is worth it once you get a reliable machine.

I’m so sorry to hear that you are continuing to run into trouble with your Glowforge after replacing the cable.

I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

4 Likes