Art not loading

When I open the home tab in the GUI when my art is stored and click on open, nothing shows in the camera view of the bed. I have re upload the art every time I want to cut or engrave that work. It limits me to one computer and takes away any usefulness that was otherwise associated with the home page.

Is it possible that is it to the left or right of the work area? Try pressing Ctrl+A and zoom out to see if it has selected anything. The ctrl+A will select anything in bed view at that time

1 Like

Just checking - you didn’t delete the art work after your last print, did you? Because if so, it’s gone.

2 Likes

Welcome,
But alas I’ve never had consistent loading of files from the library for 2 years (either nothing shows, or wrong image for the file name/image shown in home page), but as soon as you have more than 1 page of images stored, it’s usually much easier/faster to just upload from your own directories in you computer than sort thru pages in the library home page (since there’s no organization there, just listing with more recent in the upper left side). So in my opinion, there’s really not much “usefulness” to the home page anyway unless you only work with a limited number of images…

It was the thing that drove me to getting used to cloud storage. My Glowforge design folder is always ready for me to work on things. That is handy with the web app for Glowforge. But of course there are always trade offs.

Losing your designs from the GFUI is strange. I have not had that happen to me. I wonder what gives.

1 Like

Any changes you make once it’s uploaded… Moving things around, deleting parts of it, etc… are saved to the project in your dashboard. So say you upload a sheet of jewelry and you cut it. Then you delete that artwork and “add artwork” And add a sheet of christmas ornaments… Then close your browser after those cut. VIOLA!!! Now your project of jewelry is a project full of ornaments. Same goes if you delete the artwork after finishing the cut. When you go back to the project, there will be no artwork there.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help here, everyone. @kanati, that’s right. You may not see a design (and see a “No Artwork” message) if the original design’s artwork was deleted while preparing a print. When you edit a design on your Workspace, the changes are automatically saved as you make them. That means that if you close your browser, navigate to another page, or just hit refresh, your work will pick up right where you left off. Please note that the thumbnail image on your dashboard will reflect the image as it looked when you originally uploaded it, and won’t update with these changes.

Should you make a change by mistake, you can use undo any time until you leave or refresh the page.

I apologize for any inconvenience. If you’re still having trouble with this, could you please let me know the date and time this occurred, along with the name of the design you were trying to load? Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the responses, in considering my order of operation: perhaps I’ve been deleting the artwork off the print bed image so I can start the next project. Maybe that’s my problem.

Unfortunately; I see know other way to start a new, fresh project. Any suggestions?

Just click “Home” and it will take you back to the design library.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll give that a try this evening

@jdbsbc did @kanati 's suggestion help you get started with your new project? Please let us know how it went!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.