Art not showing

The last couple days, maybe a week, When I open the home tab in the GUI when my art is stored and click on open, nothing shows in the camera view of the bed. A few pieces of art do show but most do not. Also when I am in the camera view looking at the bed and I click on the upload button and I choose some art from my hard drive the image will show up all in black. If I refresh the page it sometimes works, but sometimes it shows a previous piece of art I had loaded. Kind of funky! Any ideas before I submit a support ticket.

No idea but posting here creates a support ticket automatically, so you have already got one.

1 Like

Thanks!

Too late. A post here creates a ticket.

Could be running out of memory in the browser perhaps? Restarting Google Chrome sometimes helps clear this up for me.

Could also be styles in the source file, but I’m assuming you meant that sometimes the same file works and sometimes not, so this would be less likely the problem.

1 Like

Oh no! I’m so sorry you’re having trouble with the app.

We recently rolled out a new feature called Autosave, which you can read about on our Latest Improvements page. Is it possible you deleted the artwork in the designs and they got saved over?

I’ll look into the issue with the images showing up in all black. If you don’t mind, could you email me the files that have this issue at support@glowforge.com?

Thank you.

I will send some files. But I just deleted all the designs on the home page and was left with the designs I bought from the catalog. Most of the files are showing up on the bed but a few are not. I click on the open button and the screen switches over to what the bed sees and no file. What’s up with that, I do not believe its my files.

Did you delete any part of the file while it was open? Using the delete key inside the file? Because if you did, the Autosave will save the file without those parts in it when it closes the file.

It’s a new feature that was rolled out a few weeks ago, and discussed in the blue Latest Improvements panel at the right side of the dashboard screen.

You might need to reload your original files in order to see everything in them again, and if you want to keep all the parts in a file when it closes, just drag them off onto the gray no-cutting zone from now on. If you delete them, there’s no way to recover them from the Auto-saved version. :neutral_face:

I dont think I’m deleting anything in the file. Not sure I competely
understand your question. I believe I was experiencing this problem before
the autosave feature was rolled out.

Oh okay, just checking.

Thanks for the help, I’m a little frustrated, I see other people in the
forum having this type of problem. It takes away the ease of use with the
Home page.

It might be something they have to take a look at if you weren’t deleting anything out of the file, cause I’ve never lost anything out of a file itself. (That’s just the most obvious first question.)

Was it just one or two files, or were there a bunch of them? Did they have anything in common other than the deletions? Maybe the stuff is off the artboard and just not visible?

The Black artwork you can avoid by just opening the file from the Dashboard - I think there’s something going on with the Upload button that causes that. Drag-and-drop also gets around it.

1 Like

First of all, I think they have a real problem with the software. I just tried to load an image from the home page and either nothing shows up or just a black silhouette shows up. I have seen numerous posts on the forum with the same problem. Its a problem. I can load from my files and I can drag and drop, Sometimes I will pick a file from the home page and the wrong file will load. Its very frustrating because the UI is suppose to make the process easier so one does not have to go searching for the file you want on your hard drive.

1 Like

Also sometimes the thumbnails will show up with the images showing the cut lines or engrave parts but the interface will still show “no artwork” and no image on the bed. A couple times the was no image in the thumbnails but if I switched the settings from proofgrade to manual and back the image in the thumbnail would return and yet still show no artwork on the bed.

I’m sorry for the frustrating experience, @dougwolfson. I appreciate all the details you’ve provided. I’ve let the team know, and we’re looking into this now. I’ll update this thread when I have more information.

Any update on this problem? - This is all happening to me too!

Black image - can change the settings -but still does not show image. Really need this fixed asap since I am working on paid orders for my business.

1 Like

Thank you for your patience while we’ve been investigating this issue. If you’re still running into this issue, could you please try the following?

1. Close out all open browser windows
  2. Clear your browser cache
  3. Clear your cookies from app.glowforge.com (you will need to sign back in after doing this)
  4. Try loading your design again

If the problem persists, could you please:

1. Let me know the date and time when the issue occurred
  2. Send us a screenshot of your dashboard indicating the design that is no longer working correctly

Thank you in advance!

I tried everything you suggested and not working! I cleared the cookies and nothing. I even redownloaded Chrome and no go. I tried another browser, nothing. I cleared the browser and cookie settings again and then tried to load an image from the dashboard and it got stuck in the the rendering page and errored out after a few minutes never getting to the bed image. I am attaching some time dated screenshots.23%20AM41%20AM

Thanks for letting me know, and for taking the time to share those screenshots. I’m afraid that this topics has gotten confusing because we’re not quite sure whether the issue started before or after we made changes to the app, including launching Autosave.

If you don’t see any steps or artwork when you open a design, it might be, as @jules mentioned, that you deleted the artwork in the design. In that case, the thumbnail will continue to show the artwork that you originally loaded, but, when you open it, you won’t see any steps or artwork. I’ve passed on a request to update the thumbnail to match the updated artwork.

The “rendering” issue is likely different. Could you tell us what file you were using when you saw that message? If it occurs when you’re uploading a new file, would you share it with us here or at support@glowforge.com so that we can investigate more?

Rita https://community.glowforge.com/u/rita Staff
February 20

Thanks for letting me know, and for taking the time to share those
screenshots. I’m afraid that this topics has gotten confusing because we’re
not quite sure whether the issue started before or after we made changes to
the app, including launching Autosave.

If you don’t see any steps or artwork when you open a design, it might be,
as @jules https://community.glowforge.com/u/jules mentioned, that you
deleted the artwork in the design. In that case, the thumbnail will
continue to show the artwork that you originally loaded, but, when you open
it, you won’t see any steps or artwork. I’ve passed on a request to update
the thumbnail to match the updated artwork.

The “rendering” issue is likely different. Could you tell us what file you
were using when you saw that message? If it occurs when you’re uploading a
new file, would you share it with us here or at support@glowforge.com
https://community.glowforge.commailto:support@glowforge.com so that we
can investigate more?
Thank you for your quick response. Do yo mean if I load a graphic up to
the dashboard and then click on open it should show up on the bed image
but then if I delete that image the dashboard image is just a thumbnail at
that point and will not print if that’s the case then what is the point of
the dashboard? It only works if you print the image but do not delete it
That does not address the issue of clicking on a thumbnail and a
different image shows up on the bed Still seems to me a software glitch
and not just human error.

Visit Topic https://community.glowforge.com/t/art-not-showing/18149/18
or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here
https://community.glowforge.com/email/unsubscribe/c8f1eef051dadca2b41e323c5e3b7a5c0ada71ebccc3082f5cd1b5a2ff5a4531

I tested what you said about the deleting the artwork, then the thumbnail does not have anything to bring up on the bed. I know understand. I wish in the autosave update or somewhere that would have been mentioned. I suspect that many of the other people on the forum complaining of missing artwork have experienced the same thing and just did not understand what was happening. I thought when you uploaded a graphic to the dashboard it retrieved it from the cloud. Some of us have little experience in this kind of interface. This still does not explain why sometimes clicking on one thumbnail is bringing up another artwork not related. Well thank you for your support.