Art Nouveau Door

Yes I wa planning “glass” behind it but resin is an interesting idea too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Beautiful! I do hope you will share photos of additional elements of the doll house as you make them.

7 Likes

Stunning! Can I move in?

6 Likes

That is absolutely beautiful!

5 Likes

Ornamental blacksmiths truly are artists. When I was growing up, one lived in the next farmhouse down from mine. He had some amazing projects.

5 Likes

Write a check for $4000 and get a CNC router with a 3ft+ X-axis. Take the dollhouse door vector & import it into VCarve. Set the toolpaths. Send to router. Wait for 8 hrs as it cuts (you’ll need some small - 1/16 or 1/32 bits).

:grinning:

10 Likes

Designs like yours are my guilty pleasure of Pintrest. Well done!

5 Likes

Perhaps plasma cnc and two pieces? I would think a regular cnc would take weeks, though it would do a better job with textures and rounded edges on the one side. :grin:

Those charging by the linear foot would get quite pricey :grimacing:

2 Likes

Beautiful! So intricate and fragile looking. Must have been a dear to weed.

4 Likes

Less of a problem with Gorilla handy :grin:

1 Like

:star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

3 Likes

Nah. The open spaces will cut quickly. The tighter corners are where the smaller bits come in and the 3D engraves. VCarve has an option that allows you to specify multiple bits for a single path and it uses the biggest one for as much as it can then moves to the next smaller one and so on. Each takes out as much as is physically possible with the geometry of that bit. The smallest practical radius will be 1/64th although there are smaller ones, they tend to be fragile and break with some regularity.

If this was an SVG I’d run it through VCarve just to see what would come out for the CNC motion plan & cut time projection.

5 Likes

Great work! I sense this is the begining of something bigger! More doors in your future! Whe you make it lifesize be sure to post it!

3 Likes

It is gorgeous! Love the Glowforge for special projects.

2 Likes

WOW… the design is absolutely GORGEOUS!

1 Like

Thanks so much can’t take all the credit since it is based off a couple real life doors from that period. Art Nouveau design style is one of my favs

2 Likes

That turned out great! Looks wonderful.

1 Like

Beautiful. Would love to see this dollhouse when you are finished.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Your design is beautiful! Can’t wait to see the finished doll house!

1 Like