Artwork showing up as blank

I’ve run into a problem with a few of my svg files .
They show they are there on side screen where I’d put settings , and I can move them to the cutting area but machine keeps saying no artwork.
Help.

Check to make sure that they aren’t sized so as to go beyond the usable bed space. If you have the material and the settings taken care of, then having something that is bigger than the bed size gives this message. You said you moved them to the cutting area. Is anything sticking out beyond the area that you can’t see unless you zoom way out?

1 Like

No it’s all within the cutting area. It’s done this to a couple of my patterns (svg) in last couple of days.

Can you provide the file you uploaded?

Can you post a screen shot of the GFUI? I know that often folks can’t share their designs, but just in case.

Or post the design SVG.

So this pattern has 7 layers. I was able to cut solid layer but none of the rest. I don’t understand why it will only cut one of the 7 layers. This is not the only file that I’ve had problems with doing same thing.

I had attempted to see if it would cut all negative space but it only would do circle which is why I have a blank circle with ignore on screen.

I’m not sure why the one in the screenshot says “no artwork.” It looks like it’s in the cuttable area and you’ve selected material and settings.

I’d try moving it right and down just a tad and see if it will detect the artwork. Sometimes the browser gets wonky and the lines don’t go gray when you’re outside the cuttable area; maybe that’s what’s going on…

@clfinefox can you post or send the following to support@glowforge.com

Thanks for letting us know. We need a bit more information to investigate. Please do the following:

Could you please send us the file you’re running into trouble with?

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Look for the header that says “Your web browser’s unique URL”
  3. Click the button that says “Copy URL to Clipboard”
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.