Atomic Retro Rocket

In honor of the pending Artemis I launch, I did some work on my flat pack Atomic Retro Rocket. The original version was cut on 1/4" material and was used as a stand for an Amazon Echo Dot. I scaled it down to be cut on 1/8" material. I also spent some time modeling it in Fusion 360 to be able to create instructions and a 3D render. Although this model is pretty simple, it was done to see if I could create some easy to read, lego-like instructions. Let me know what you think.

If anyone is interested, I’d be happy to host a google meet or webinar to go through how I create my flat pack designs, or how I import SVG’s into Fusion 360 to create 3D rendering of my designs.

@hansepe - Please tell me you’re there to take pics!

51 Likes

Still pending…again. It looks great. Reminds me of Flash Gordon’s space ship.

6 Likes

Yeah. Scrub today and I haven’t looked to see if they’re going with a Monday attempt or something else. It might be heading back to the VAB.

Nice job on the instructions and renderings.

5 Likes

Nope. Ruled out next window and then there might a conflict with the next crew mission. Could be late October now.

4 Likes

I’m happy they are going back to VAB. This attempt felt off.

There are plenty of things they can tinker with in the meantime.

3 Likes

Wow! Very nice instructions!

5 Likes

So cool!

3 Likes

Love it! Would also make a super cute lamp with an Edison style LED bulb tucked inside.

4 Likes

Excellent presentation. Be proud.

2 Likes

Would love to see your tutorial

3 Likes

The instructions are very well done, great illustrations for those who are visual people. These are much better than the usual flat=pack instructions you get.

4 Likes

I think the instructions are nice and easy to follow. Great job!

3 Likes

That is great and I would love to sign up for some education!!!

2 Likes

That is a great looking rocket!

3 Likes

Nice design! I made a similar one for my kids a while back that’s a little more 1950s futurism. GMTA

1 Like