Attaching and cutting photos

Yeah, now that you say that, I think it was Loctite that I used, rather than 3M.

1 Like

I prefer Alene’s decoupage over mod podge. It is sometimes difficult to get modpodge to dry without being sticky. Alene’s dries with a hard clear covering. Much higher quality.

I also prefer to preserve photo/wood projects in uv resistant resins like alumilite.

5 Likes

markevans36301’s work here with photos mounted onto wood reminded me of something I was trying with photos before I got my PRU, and has inspired me to try a few things again, but now in conjunction with the GF. Does anyone know if these would be safe to laser?

I have several of them I could use to experiment…and it seems they would be safe, but I’m not certain.

2 Likes

should be. looks like it’s just canvas and an acrylic gesso.

3 Likes

I don’t know why I had not thought of alumilite, that would definitely be the way to go for some projects. I wonder how it would lase? Urethane should be safe but I wonder how a thin coat would cut?

1 Like

Yep! I’ve done it and it works great. I thought I had posted it but can’t find it. In any case the settings would no longer be applicable so you’ll have to experiment. Also, they are usually more than 1/2" thick so you will have to remove the crumb tray and prop it up to over 1.4" total. But it did cut beautifully and you could do some very nice wall hangings that way (my Pinterest board is full of them).

2 Likes

:+1:t2: :slightly_smiling_face: You may be thinking of canvas stretched on a small frame? These are only 1/8" thick. I think I remember now…@smcgatheyfay did some things with canvases.

1 Like

This one??
https://community.glowforge.com/t/attempt-2-laser-cut-canvas-success/3399?u=smcgathyfay&source_topic_id=9467

5 Likes

Yes, you’re right–mine was on a small frame. I think yours should work though–just sacrifice one getting the settings right.

3 Likes

That’s the one! Thank you

1 Like

Yes…I’ll test things out. Got plenty of them…for just such a reason. They only cost about $1 apiece.

1 Like