Attraction posters reimagined

I’ve been a fan of the attraction posters seen under the train station at Walt Disney World ever since I was a little kid. I worked on a collaborative project this Summer with my daughter who goes to art school. I asked her to reimagine for me the attraction posters. I gave some direction on what I wanted but gave her pretty much free range to do what she wanted. She created the drawings, then I added the text. Then I engraved them in 1/4” maple plywood and colored them with Posca markers and clear coated. These are the first three. She has also created images for the Haunted Mansion, It’s a Small World and Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. More will be made when she is home again over break. I’m very happy with how they have come out. My favorite is the Enchanted Tiki Room.

66 Likes

These are fantastic. It is obvious that you both have talent and make a great team. I like your colors very much.

5 Likes

Congratulations to you and your daughter! I hope you will post the rest in the series; my favorite was the Haunted Mansion.

4 Likes

Is the engraving just the outlines or are you managing to colour whole areas that have been engraved?

2 Likes

They came out so cute! I think they should take both of you on at Disney.

4 Likes

These are just spectacular! And, what a treasure to have created with your daughter! She has a lot of talent too!

4 Likes

Your posters are wonderful and very colorful. That is a real talent.

3 Likes

OH. MY. GOSH!!! These are amazing!!! Thanks for the inspo. I am a Disnerd so this really gets my creative juices flowing! WELL DONE!! (Also, the coolest part is the dad-daughter project connection. Love it!) thank you for sharing these.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m a total noob but I’ve been consuming alllll things GF, especially this community. I can barely sleep I have so many ideas.

4 Likes

Amazing, I have never seen the originals but I bet these are way better - your colouring is wonderful!

1 Like

Those are fantastic. A friend of mine would flip over the jungle cruise one.

2 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

Thank you very much. I enjoyed doing this with her. We did other projects as well but these are my favorite we got to do.

1 Like

Thank you! I definitely will. She made 8 designs for the haunted mansion. 4 for Walt Disney World and 4 for Disneyland. I am now working on finishing them off and then will engrave and paint. Will take a while but I will post them when done.

1 Like

The engraving is the outlines and a few other larger areas. The coloring area is not engraved.

1 Like

Thanks you! I wish that was the case :slight_smile:

Thank you. I did enjoy doing this with her. She does have a ton of talent. She has been doing art since around age 6 I am guessing.

1 Like

Thank you!

What fun to work together with her on these! They are amazing!

3 Likes