Audio Waveform

Decided to share some of the gifts people have asked me to make for them in the last year (or so) for friends, family, & coworkers.

I don’t charge outside of materials because GF is my happy.

Project dump ahead: :laughing:

…morse of a “I am proud of the things I have done and realize I haven’t been active on the community for awhile.

42 Likes

I love the framed engraving. Thanks for the photos.

13 Likes

Those are really nice!

9 Likes

I assembled a model of my daughter’s first car, which was a header-orange Challenger. Although not the charger from the TV show, it looks like it, and so I assembled a board that plays “Dixie” when you press a hidden button.

You could do the same, so it plays what the audio waveform represents when pressing a discreet button.

13 Likes

That is an awesome idea! I agree that a waveform without the ability to hear it isn’t as powerful of a message.

I wish I could have used a button push, but it isn’t a short message and anything battery powered won’t last.

I didn’t post the back of the plaque because it was a personal message from each of the family members. (The engraving is all if them layered on top of one another -you can see them really well if you zoom in!) The good stuff is all on the back on a beautiful piece of maple
veneer.

I cleaned up, combined, and then hosted the recording on their google drive and made a QR code link to it. Then I engraved a transcription of each of the messages and the code.

Here’s a trimmed version of the photo of the back.
It looks beautiful on the black acrylic background!

15 Likes

Right? :slight_smile:

I want to know more about the book picture. Are all the different colors inlaid, or fit together, or ???

10 Likes

Beautifully done!

11 Likes

These are all just beautiful and I get when you say it’s your happy place…mine too!

7 Likes

I need to engrave this on a plaque and point to it whenever my husband asks me, “'WHY?”

6 Likes

What I used is a standalone MP3 player circuit board with an SD card slot, it will play as long as you can fit on the card - although in my case, it’s only a few seconds. The same 9V battery has powered it for several years now.

7 Likes

Just to follow-up on this, I can’t find a record of what I bought. It must have been eBay, not Amazon. There are plenty of similar items out there, however, that have built-in speaker drivers.

5 Likes

That one was inlayed, but I made one for a joint present for mothers/Father’s Day, and that one was layered with all of the combined kids & grandkids on it.

This was the other version.

4 Likes

If I make something for my husband or myself, I will probably try this out. Thanks for the great idea!

2 Likes

You are blessed with artistry and patience. Great projects!!

2 Likes

Great projects! I especially liked the book. Excellent!

4 Likes

Those are great!

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

1 Like