Aura issue. Engraves fine, but when cutting machine stops and just burns a hole

Hi All!
This issue has happened on 3 or 4 out of every 10 cutting processes.
I initially thought it was cleaning, so 91% alcohol wipedowns on the rails and print bed, micofiber everything else.
What’s stumping me the most is that the engrave functions work perfect, but then when it comes to the cut function the cutting head will stop at random spots and just burn a hole. I’ve tried to pause and resume. That works for a second and the head will travel a few inches and then stop and burn another hole.
Image attached.

I have tried starting over. Unplugging the machine. Reloading a new file.
Same file will cut fine on one print and go wild on the next. No real rhyme or reason.

Thanks for your help!
Screen Shot 2024-01-07 at 3.08.43 PM

Welcome to the community. Would you mind attaching your file so we can take a look at it? Some of us might be able to see something that you missed.

5 Likes

Thanks Xabbess!

1 Like

Thanks for that however, sorry…that wasn’t exactly what I meant. I was unclear…I meant would you mind attaching your actual file (svg/pdf) so we can open it in our own editing software to see if we can spot any problems?

4 Likes

Aura zero tool
Oh! got ya. This SVG is from the forums here as an alignment tool. I’ve cut this previously with the Aura and no issues.
One thing, other members in an Aura FB group were all having the same wonky cuts and drifting at almost the same time yesterday evening. Wondering if there are ever server issues that might cause this?

Same issue today. I’d hoped it was just a glitch in the matrix.
It’s definitely in the cutting phase. Engraving is spot on and i engraved 10 pendants between last night and now with zero issues.
Screen Shot 2024-01-08 at 1.52.33 PM

1 Like

Doubtful it’s server issues…but, if ever in doubt, you can visit this page; https://statuspage.glowforge.com/

Sorry, but since you said that you’ve cut this file before with no problems…and also that you cleaned the rails thoroughly, there isn’t much else I can think of.

I suggest, if this persists, you give support a call; +1-855-338-2122

Good luck!

4 Likes

Definitely appreciate your having a look. I put in a support ticket and will post the solution once we have it. Thanks again!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.