Automatic Nesting for Glowforge

Hi guys,

imagine there is a solution that automatically nests your designs onto the sheet of material that’s inside your Glowforge

• loading design into Glowforge Page

• open Chrome Plugin, press “nest” Button

• your design gets nested onto the sheet of material inside your Glowforge and you are ready to press “print”

Would you be interested in using this?

Would you be open to paying for this solution?

best, Kev

3 Likes

There are nesting programs available for free that are usefull. Deepnest, for example. Maybe there is always room for one more program, but maybe it is reinventing the wheel.

14 Likes

I’ve always used deepnest for that.

6 Likes

I never used it before but deepnest sounds like the most used

3 Likes

I tried deepnest, but the minor amount of material it saved me wasn’t worth the time it took to finish it’s program. Also, at least with deepnest, those programs are terrible at taking wood grain into account.

So if you could come up with something that took less than 1 minute, and allowed for grain requirements, and made a significant difference - I’d at least give it a shot.

8 Likes

That’s a huge consideration. It can have a dramatic effect.

5 Likes

Personally no as I can arrange very well on my own and I often line up parts with shared cut lines to reduce cutting time and waste.

But it couldd be interesting to others.

6 Likes

I’ve used Deepnest. It is a bit slow in processing…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.