Aviation themed creations

Hi Glowforge peeps. I did a little aviation themed engraving and cutting. I used non proof grade birch first so it shows some burn marks on the model, I then cut out medium maple plywood to eliminate burn marks, but the pieces were too tight to fit together.

4 Likes

Here are the pictures

45 Likes

Great job with the plane! Did you design or purchase files? Looks really sharp.

1 Like

I purchased files. I wish I was that advanced to make drawings like that. :grin:

2 Likes

Looks great! I like the combination of the cutting board with the model, and if you continue learning, you will totally be up to designing complicated 3-D cuts! All you need is a set of calipers and an ability to think in 3-D (which is admittedly the more difficult part :sweat_smile:).

5 Likes

Beautiful!

2 Likes

Ha ha exactly. Thanks :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks so much.

1 Like

They look great separately, but even better together!

4 Likes

What a great pairing! Don’t worry about the char; it gives it a properly antique look.

2 Likes

Those look great. Is the white on the plane paint (it kind of looks like the masking)? Did you paint first then cut?

1 Like

Hi. It’s actually non proof grade birch so it’s very light. The dark areas are where it burned from the cutting.

Ha ha. Thanks. Yeah the char is growing on me. I will try a different proof grade wood though to see if I can get a real clean one.

1 Like

Thanks. I love aviation and love to travel. It seemed fitting together.

2 Likes

I’m not sure which I like better, so, I’m glad they’re together!

2 Likes

My hubby would love that plane!

1 Like