Baby Blue Blinking Light

Set up my replacement Pro. Wi-Fi set up was perfect.

Went to interface received the time for a print— looked at the GF and the button is blinking a very light colored baby blue, After button on GF was pressed blinking light turned to the solid light colored baby blue.

Did 3 different prints same exact thing happened. The phone would not capture the light color blue.

Should I be concerned this is not clear white?

2 Likes

GF now sends an E-mail after you set it up and I just read the E-mail.

Apparently the start color is no longer clear.

6 Likes

I can understand why there is confusion about the color of the button. I recently got a refurbished basic and the button now has a blueish color, not the original white color.

5 Likes

You are absolutely correct. For nearly 3 years, all I have seen is the clear white.

Hopefully going forward people will find this thread and put their mind at ease —the start button color is now a baby blue. It is a beautiful color.

4 Likes

Very interesting. I wonder why they changed it?

2 Likes

Baby blue:

(the one prior owner daughter bought it from was in TX, and she keeps the front tag - not required in GA)

3 Likes

I wonder how they changed it. It was an RGB LED before, so it could be whatever color they want without a hardware change. Maybe the new models just have a single blue LED and don’t display different colors. Supply chain?

2 Likes

Maybe they just simplified the workings of it to reduce failure rates (but I don’t recall ever hearing that fail), or maybe it was a usability issue with color blindness?

I can only speculate here (like the rest of us), but it is interesting to me.

2 Likes

My guess is just a change in providers, which could have meant a change in components. I have different LED “puck” lights that are different colors when set to “white”…

3 Likes

There have definitely been some failures. You know you’ve read too many support threads when you can remember people having a mysterious purple light that turned out to be a dead green LED. Pretty rare, but it does happen.

5 Likes

This light baby blue color is very beautiful and I wonder if GF was trying to get their turquoise brand color and this baby blue color was as close to as a representation they could get.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.