Baby Boots

Here is how I did these boots in the glowforge:

Item and settings

This is the item I am using: Amazon.com

And the settings were 900 speed, 9 power, 270 LPI

Setting up glowforge bed

Because the boots will give an interesting view in the app, I decided to use the jig I made for the base of the glowforge to mark a square and the center coordinates of the square will be 10, 4.5

Here is the guide for the jig on the bed of the glowforge:
https://community.glowforge.com/t/grid-on-the-bed-of-the-glowforge/103370

Setting up boot

For these boots I would not be able to use magnets to get them flat enough because that would require a much stronger magnet then I would suggest for the glowforge. So instead, I used a needle and thread and stitched a few stitches at the spots marks below:

32 Likes

You are the best aunt ever!

6 Likes

I am always amazed at everything you engrave on your glowforge. Those are cute boots made even cuter thanks to you.

8 Likes

Ahhh, that’s one lucky little cowgirl. :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

So adorable!!

5 Likes

Yep, that’s seriously cute! (You’d sell out at the HLF&R.) :smile:

6 Likes

Those little boots are so adorable! Another great job girl!!

2 Likes

These are outstanding!! So adorable. Thank you for such a detailed explanation (on all your posts!). I really wish I could get this whole idea down of jigs & marking/using coordinates. For some reason I have a huge mental block. It seems like I’ve become increasingly right-brained in my old age; I’ve developed a big aversion to anything mathematical, yet my creativity has surged. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1Those are absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing your setup

1 Like

Latest baby boots:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M8N4KLH?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Settings were full speed, 11 power, 270 LPI

9 Likes

So cute, I just love all the ideas you share for engraving on premade items.

6 Likes

Thanks! I make a lot of items from scratch but like finding equivalent items premade for the community :blush:

5 Likes

Those are so darn cute!! I may have to get some to do for our grandson’s twins that are due in September!

5 Likes

Your boots are so sweet. Love them!!

5 Likes