Baby, it's cold outside!

It’s -11 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s -24 Celsius. The Mississippi River is frozen. No kayaking for me.

35 Likes

Youch. It’s been -8F for the last couple of days here, but now it’s back up in the 30s. (And predicted back below 0F tonight – great combination)

5 Likes

Temps are quite a bit warmer in Alaska (if you can trust weather.com)

Down here in Atlanta we are having a veritable heat wave at 66 degrees (subject to change later today) :slight_smile:

D

7 Likes

I went out and took some river pictures. It is kind of pretty.

23 Likes

Sorry guys, I live here…

:relaxed:

30 Likes

It’s -8 in Ottawa today… Celsius. Insane that your colder then us. Nice river pick further along though.

6 Likes

27º! That’s pretty cold. :upside_down:

8 Likes

-7F the past two days here on the plains of CO. :snowflake:

9 Likes

Yikes! That might threaten tender body parts! :scream:

7 Likes

Once you get to negatives, the difference between Fahrenheit and Celsius seems to not matter so much. I’ve never really experienced cold weather, so ‘really freezing’ and ‘really, really freezing’ seem sort of the same.

Although, when you’re the one doing the freezing, they probably feel a lot different.

7 Likes

From a couple nights ago.

I am not ready for this.

12 Likes

We had that for the last two weeks in Calgary, but it is up to 0 C right now. Woo-hoo!

2 Likes

Oregon here. It’s been in the low 20’s for several nights…and one night of 15. Snow and heavy ice. We’re in a warming trend now, so all of us housebound folks can finally get out. This is the view from my tiny laser(less) pantry room.

21 Likes

Boy, when the laser arrives though - that’s gonna be a beautiful scene to gaze upon while it does it’s thing. :relaxed:

10 Likes

Currently 12° F in Oklahoma City but was 4° this morning with a “feels like -7°” earlier. The wind bites through you…

3 Likes

Yesterday in Memphis I was wearing shorts in 76° F heat. Right now it’s 30° and tonight it will be 17°. It seems like we have at least one day every year where the temperature drops by 40-50 degrees in a single day.

4 Likes

It does that here too…common saying is “Don’t like the weather? Wait fifteen minutes.”

3 Likes

4ºF on Friday. Snowed yesterday. Currently mid 50’s. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, we use that one a lot too. The problem is that there’s some truth to it.

3 Likes

It was colder here yesterday than the artist… And the north pole. Yay Canada…

4 Likes