Back to Focusing

When available could someone look into my logs for my Glowforge Basic? It just stopped working completely and I’m towards the end of my Christmas rush. I have checked the ribbon and head and the pins look good. I also looked and disconnected the cable on the left side of the machine and the replugged it in to make sure it was snug.
I’m pretty sure this guy is telling me he wants to be replaced by a refurbished pro.

Your post isn’t clear but if I am to go off your Title about focusing, I am having the same issue I posted right below you. My GF wont auto focus and my wood wont cut all the way thru

What exactly is happening? Does the machine not power on? Or is it powering on but the head won’t move? Or does the head move but the laser doesn’t fire? “Not working” is pretty vague; it will help with troubleshooting if you can give Support a little more specific information.

3 Likes

The machine turns on and does the clicking noise when trying top home but the head dosnt move at all and says Focusing . In the past when this happened I would just turn the machine off and disconnect the head carefully from the ribbon and check all connections, reconnect it and turn it on and it would center. Now nothing :frowning:
Please help.,

Try what I posted here:

I’m guessing it’s wifi, but it’s worth checking everything. :blush:

1 Like

It was worth a try but still no luck :frowning: I believe this to be a hardware issue. Hoping a tech can help out by looking into the logs since this has been progressively getting worse

Oh no, I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag!

I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate the problem, and it seems like your unit is running into trouble during the calibration step in which the lens focuses inside the printer head (you may hear this when it’s happening - there’s an audible “ticking” sound as the lens moves up and down in the head). There are a few different reasons this error may be occurring. Could you please check a few things for me to help narrow it down?

Check the printer head lens by following steps 1-5 from these instructions: https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033633614-Cleaning#things-that-need-wiping. If you see anything unusual such as damage to the lens or debris in the printer head, please take a photo of it and attach it to your reply

If you are using magnets to secure material to the crumbtray of your Glowforge, please remove or reposition them and try again. Magnets placed close to the printer head may cause trouble during calibration

Check the connection of the printer head to the white ribbon cable in the printer arm. Turn off your Glowforge, unplug the head, and plug it back in. Note whether the cable plugs back in securely, and whether you feel it “click” into place

Let us know how it goes!

Pretty sure the port for the ribbon isn’t suppose to move like that. Can I order a new head?

Can anyone help?!?

Thanks for providing this detailed information. I’ve just followed up with you directly over email, so I’m going to close this thread.

1 Like