Back to (Not So) Very exciting but Highly Useful Thing

Hah! You call that messy? (I scoff at your piffling stockpile!) :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(Actually, I’m just joking…you’ve got a heck of a lot of equipment.)

11 Likes

I find myself asking (when I look at a similar deskcape), does this tool belong in a garage shop, or do I like it better in my office?

Electronics gadgetry requires so much real estate, no?

1 Like

Yes my original destination for the GF was my garage workshop but I need the filter for that because it has no windows I don’t want to drill a temporary hole through the wall, so in my office I can just throw the pipe out the window until the filter arrives. I don’t have the type of windows that it is easy to make a proper vent because they are double glazed casement widows that hinge from the side. A lot of US windows seem to be sash windows that slide, so you can trap a flat sheet under them. It is virtually impossible to make a casement window weather proof when it is partially open.

Having said that I now think the filter may will be available before overseas deliveries start.

2 Likes

I love the workspace photos! They say a lot about the individual.
Jules always photographs her finished items on a perfectly clean desk - when we all know she just cleared it like they do a table top in the movies when they need a space to lay the person who just got shot!

7 Likes

This is 100% accurate. Usually exactly 6 inches outside of the shot, there is a large towering pile-o-crap! ROFL! :joy:

8 Likes

You could gain some real estate by um… removing that FAX machine…

“I can get faxes where I am.”
“Where is that?”
“The 21st century!”

HaHa

6 Likes

Don’t I wish! But unfortunately I can’t. It’s how I get my mom to send legal documents that she can’t interpret to me so that I can translate them for her and tell her what to do.

She’s not up to using a computer yet. She can press a button when I tell her " Okay, press the blue button now." slightly_smiling_face

4 Likes

Hehe, just picking on you, They still have their place

1 Like

You ought to see the dance we do when we try to use the iphone to Facetime each other. :smile:

2 Likes

I spotted this which may help with venting through casement windows:

https://www.trotec24.com/en-ca/machines/air-conditioning/airlock-100.html

Also, I saw this article for creating a more solid mounting

https://learn.compactappliance.com/portable-air-conditioner-crank-window-installation/

1 Like

The problem is our windows open outwards but the inside of the window and the outside of the casement are not weather proof while they are open. I would have to make a wedge shaped box with a duplicate of the frame profile on its outer edge and a duplicate of the window profile on its inner edge. It would have to clamp around the inside of the frame and the window would have to latch into it. It would be very tricky at the hinge side.

All in all it would be a complex shape and need to be made from weather proof materials such as aluminium or UPVC like window frames if it was installed permanently. Way too much effort when I have ordered a filter.

1 Like