Back to School

Our twins started kindergarten yesterday. We had a chance to see the classroom where they will be spending the next 9 months, and a couple of things whispered for Glowforge help.

First, there was a lonely hook on the front door with nothing hanging from it. Second, the teacher’s name was written with a marker on a piece of paper that was taped to the front of her desk. Lastly, there were assorted cups scattered about holding pencils and markers, etc.

So last night we made a welcone sign for the front door, and a 3 compartment box for her to put at the front of her desk to hold pencils, etc. It has her name on it, to take the place of the paper nameplate.

The inside long walls of the pencil box have vertical deep engraves into which to slide the dividers. After the box was cut out (dividers were cut separately), i flipped one of the long sides over and scored the name of the teacher on the back, pealed masking off the letters and then spray painted black, before completing the weeding process, File for the box (1/8" draftboard) is provided below. Note: I cut out 4 but you only need 2 of the dividers; I used the other 2 for another project using scrap boards.

PencilTray

34 Likes

I’m going to bet that you put a smile on her face when she got these. It a great thing you to do for the teacher. Thank you for sharing.

9 Likes

The teacher was very surprised. But she was Teacher of the Year last year so she deserves it.

My twins have gotten used to me doing this stuff for people. My daughter calls me a “maker” because I make all kinds of stuff. Lol

14 Likes

Great idea, spurred by the vacancies (opportunities) that inspired you! Well Done. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Just think - in 13 years they’ll be graduated from High School. Enjoy every moment and keep making stuff on the laser for them! My GF has been used for all manner of parts / pieces of projects over the years for school projects - it’s a great thing to have for them.

Great job!!

12 Likes

I’m sure the teacher loved this!! So cute!

5 Likes

Wonderful!

6 Likes

Oh my goodness. I remember when they were BORN. Congratulations on this very special first launch. I predict that Mrs Smith is going to have a fun year.

7 Likes

That was such a great thing for you to do. And thank you for sharing the file. Much appreciated!

5 Likes

What a great way to let Mrs. Smith now how much you appreciate her and what she does!

10 Likes

Put this in Free patterns for you :wink:

3 Likes

Me too! Time’s fun when you’re having flies (Kermit).

Such a nice bunch of projects, and I’ll bet it’s only the beginning.

4 Likes

A large sign for the kids to color / paint.

5 Likes

Teachers deserve so much! Excellent gifts!

1 Like